The building and grounds were kept very clean, however, what bothered us were the very tiny ants that were continuously on the kitchen counters. We'd kill them all, and a couple hours later, they were back! Also, the beds were terrible - very soft. The front desk told my wife that they were replacing them, beginning with the upper floors. There is no daily housekeeping service.
The beach was beautiful, but there's a lot of sand between the hotel and the gulf (a 10 min. walk w/little kids). The pool was very nice too. We were there during a cold spell, but the pool was pretty warm, and the hot tub was great.
We struggled to find nearby family-friendly places to eat. We found that you really have to drive off the island to find these, and that drive, depending on traffic, can be 15-20 min.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your home away from home on Fort Myers Beach! Pointe Estero has one and two bedroom suites featuring spacious floorplans, living and dining areas, complete kitchens, private screened balconies overlooking the Gulf, and oversized Jacuzzi tubs. Amenities include: white sandy beach, heated pool, tennis court, outdoor spa, fitness room, cabana rentals, gazebo with barbecue grills, tropical lake and fountain, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pointe Estero Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Estero Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Pointe Estero Hotel
- Hotel Pointe Estero
- Pointe Estero Beach Resort