We really enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Plus. We paid extra for a larger room, and were delighted with it. All rooms have beach views.
The location is hard to beat - the far northern (quieter) tip of Fort Myers Beach, but within 10 minutes' easy stroll of the shops and restaurants at Times Square.
This hotel has won quite a few "in house" awards, and it's easy to see why. All of the staff that we encountered (in a 10-day stay) were friendly, welcoming and helpful: the chief engineer, the breakfast staff, reception, housekeeping - the hotel should be proud of them.
The room was spotlessly clean; the bathroom was fine, and toiletries were replaced daily. The kitchen includes a microwave, toaster, two rings, and a coffee-maker, although we never used the latter as free (excellent) coffee was available 24 hours a day from reception.
We had two double beds, which were ok, not the most comfortable I've ever had, but nothing to complain about.
Free pool towels are a bonus, saving space in our suitcases, and we enjoyed using the pool (when we weren't on the beach).
The free breakfasts were incredibly good - we have had far inferior breakfasts which we've had to pay for. Fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, oatmeal, muffins, danish pastries, lots of different types of bread, bagels, hard-boiled eggs, branded hot sandwiches (ham, sausage), fresh waffles, dunkin'doughnuts, plus juices and hot drinks. We enjoyed taking our plates of fresh fruit salad and toasts outside to sit in the garden, overlooking the beach (especially as it was February and it was snowing back home!)
The trolley bus leaves from right outside the hotel, and you can travel the length of Estero Island, including the excellent Lovers' Key State Park, for 50 cents each. There are also trollies which go to the local (Edison) shopping mall, an outlet mall etc, so if you don't want to use the car, you don't have to. Many people used the trolley on an evening, to go to restaurants which were a bit further afield, so they could drink.
If there was a minor niggle, it would be that chairs, parasols for the beach had to be rented (although most people chose to buy cheap ones to use every day), but it is quite difficult to think of anything wrong with this place, in my opinion.
To sum up, we both loved this place, and didn't want to leave...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come discover the Best Western Plus Fort Myers Beach Resort Hotel, located in the Town of Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Our resort is located directly on a secluded beach at the north end of Estero Island overlooking the Gulf of Mexico where fiery sunsets will leave you spellbound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Best Western Beach Hotel
- Best Western Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers Beach Best Western