We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights (1/12-1/16). Pros: Perfect beach location, fantastic pool, one bedroom suite was very spacious, clean room, housekeeping (Deb) was great, view from our fifth floor room was awesome. Balcony for our one bedroom unit was out of this world with lots of room. One door led into the living area and another separate door led into the bedroom. With the exception of a few minor gripes noted below, we would highly recommend the one bedroom suites and hope to return some time in the future to this hotel for another great visit to Fort Myers Beach.
Cons: Very small breakfast area (holds maybe 20 people at once). We would get to the breakfast area ranging from 7:30-8:30 am. Food was replenished as needed, although the fruit mixture in a glass bowl typically almost empty. Great blueberry waffles. The biggest complaint was folks who sat at tables for a LONG time visiting with friends so no one else could get a table in the breakfast area - very, very rude. Come on guys, you could also have eaten outside and the enjoyed the very comfortable chairs with a view of the beach like we did. Get off your rear ends and let others eat instead of hogging the area for about an hour.
Slow drains in our bathroom sink as well as the bathtub. One problem we encountered was with a tv in the main room of the suite. Saturday night, about 9:15 pm, we found out that the tv would not turn on. Called the desk and a maintenance man came up to check on the tv and agreed that the unit would not work. We agreed that he would come back on Sunday to fix or replace the tv and he did not. I was going to call the desk several times, but my wife said that since it was Sunday maybe they had a problem getting the tv fixed or replaced. I was not happy that we did not hear anything that day about the status of this problem and when it would be resolved. Monday morning at breakfast, I checked with the desk and asked about our problem and they called maintenance right away to look into the situation and by the time we got back from breakfast the tv was working. Don't know why the could rectify the problem on Monday in about 20 minutes, but no action on Sunday when it was promised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come discover the BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Myers Beach Resort Hotel, located in the Town of Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Our resort is located directly on a secluded beach at the north end of Estero Island overlooking the Gulf of Mexico where fiery sunsets will leave you spellbound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Best Western Beach Hotel
- Best Western Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers Beach Best Western