Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$190
$184
$121
$109
Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$152
Carousel Inn on the Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
Flamingo Inn(Fort Myers Beach)
$109
$75
$73
DiamondHead Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$334
$279
DiamondHead Beach
  • Pool
Lovers Key Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$159
GullWing Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$226
$219
Sandpiper Gulf Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$209
$199
3,784 results
All reviewssanibel viewmain buildingcaptiva buildingthe white sandsbreakfast buffetmain poolpaddle boardsroom keyfull kitcheneach morningdolphin tourchairs and umbrellasone bedroom suitefamily vacationscreened in porchwasher and dryeran umbrella
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2007

My husband and I were so excited to have a getaway in this luxury Jacuzzi suite. Well it is not like it is shown in the picture at all. When we walked out onto this balcony the hot tub is in plain view of the other hotel building right next door! There is no privacy because there are no shades, blinds, or anything else to close. There also is not bathtub inside like in the pictures either. We complained and they moved us up 2 floors but the other building could still see in. So we asked to speak to the manager and he was very rude! He acted like I was a dumb woman and said the pictures were just to show some of the rooms and when I pointed out how in the picture for the Jacuzzi suite looks as if the Jacuzzi is in a private area and then you walk out onto the full view balcony he said that was just the reflection on the sliding door to the bathroom inside. I said well now that I am here I know that but when you are online and booking a room it sure looks like you walk out onto the area that overlooks everyone. He agreed but said he would do NOTHING for us. We asked if we could have a reduced price and he said no! We said we were so unhappy we were thinking of changing hotels and he told us to go ahead and leave! So we did the next morning! The ocean there is not as clean as Naples beaches the pools there are more for kids. If you have little kids you will have a ball a pink shell. The rooms were very clean and the kitchen was nice I have to say but when you book a Jacuzzi suite you would think you would have some privacy? You would have to wear your bathing suite out there or go in at night with no lights on. The manager also told me when I said that. "of course it would be illegal to go out there without anything on"! So if you want a romantic getaway and want to go here save the money and get a regular room with a bathtub inside! We would have stayed if the manager would have been nicer and at least tried to do something for us since the pictures we showed him online were clearly false advertising! We felt we were being over charged for a room that they clearly do not have! There are two large screens when you walk out... one faces the building the other faces the bay but what you can't see is there is a parking lot right there so people walking in and out can see you. So turn the lights out and be very careful not to fall! The Jacuzzi is also small as you will see in my pictures. The maid staff was very nice and the girl told me the suites on the other side were worse because the building on the other side really looks in... by the way we could see right into the screens of the building in the picture and see people sitting there so we are sure they could see us! One more thing the parking is very bad! They did not have enough parking for all their guest so they had to let us park in the employee lot and shuttle us over. We could not even park to check in. When we wanted to talk to a manager there was a family there that booked a room and they were telling them they were over booked and had no room for them. The made their reservation ahead of time and there was noting they could do for this family! It could be do to them opening this new building and they just are not use to it yet and did not take in the fact of another building would mean more cars? They need small parking garage to be build in their employee lot to fit all the cars. Peole were parking everywhere and you couldn't back out or get through because of this.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
11  Thank OceanFamily
RoomsDirector, Rooms Director at Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2007

The Pink Shell Beach Resort & Spa is a family Resort. The Resort does not condone nudity in public places or anywhere other guests can see. We do not represent the hot tub as a place where you can go naked and did not feel that this misunderstanding warranted an adjustment to the nightly rent as the guest requested. The description of this suite on the web site is an accurate representation of the unit.

Reviewed July 23, 2007

We just spent a wonderful week at the pink shell. We had a wonderful time and cant wait to go back. We booked right through the resort with an online special of getting the 4th night free which was nice. This is a great family resort. My kids loved it and didnt want to leave. Parents with young children will love the pool area. The main pool has a huge waterfall that seperates the pool one being a huge wading pool and another being a regular pool. All my kids loved the wading pool . They have another pool that they call the splash pool which is fun water sprayers and spouts for the kids to run through and play in. My three year old loved this my 8 and 11 were not too in to it. They had arts and crafts by the pool every day for a charge. My kids made all kinds of stuff. My two girls went to the day camp one day too and they really liked that and had a blast and it gave mom some time by the pool with out the kids which was nice. Daniella in the recreation department was great with the kids. She also did the crafts by the pool and the kids enjoyed seeing her and she was great with them . They also offered icecream by the pool for a charge with all kinds of toppings and my kids counted on that every day while we were there.

We had a 2 bedroom in the beach villas. This was a little walk from the main area but it was not too bad. The beach villas are a little run down but they were fine. They had a king in the master and 2 queens in the other room and two bathrooms. Next time we go I will request to be in the newer builidings the captiva they are brand new where these are older. But like I said we were very comfortable it was very large with a kitchen bigger than I have at home. for a family of 5 we were very happy. We had a wonderful view of the ocean.

Some people on here have complained about the ocean. We loved the ocean. It was calm and in the mornings you can see the dolphins jumping in playing it was great. It was not rough and the kids built sand castles and floted on rafts and enjoyed themselves. We were there the same time as another reviewer who complained of sea weed and I have no idea what she was talking about . At dusk you can go down to the water and there are sand dollars all over the place. On the beach right out front you can rent jet ski's and my kids went on this bananna boat which they really loved said it was like a roller coaster. They also rented jet ski's and liked that too.

They only negetive thing I can say about our stay was we and most everybody there had problems with their keys. we had our keys redone several times and some times they would work and sometimes they wouldnt. And you need your key to acess the beach from the pool and and to get into the pool area and it was a real pain. Like I said most people on property complained of having the same problem. Was a real pain at night when everyone wants to get in and they key wouldnt work. That was my only complaint.

If you are looking for a nice family vacation this place will be very pleasing .

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
8  Thank JENSEMINARA
Reviewed July 16, 2007

Is anyone looking for the latest info on the Pink Shell? My daughter's and I just came back after spending six (6) days at the resort and here's the scoop. The resort itself is beautiful, the rooms are very nice, clean and the service was great. However, the beach itself was terrible. The beach was covered with seaweed as was the water, you couldn't walk the beach without walking in alot of seaweed, there was probably the usual amount of trash as any other beach but the one thing that really grossed my daughters out was during an evening walk, we found the rear leg of some sort of animal on the beach near the water. Maybe the resort should spend some time and money to make sure the beach is as nice as the resort itself. If you're looking for nothing but sea food, thats the place to be, but there's only so much fish a person can eat. There are no resteraunt chains (Olive garden, Lonestar etc) in the immediate area but if you drive about 25 minutes, there's plenty to chose from. As nice as the resort is, I think next year we'll try Ft. Lauderdale. If anyone would like more honest info, feel free to contact me.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank KniteNblue122
Reviewed July 12, 2007

We are from Boston and flights to Florida are always affordable from this area... this was our 8th time to Florida and we decided to go with another couple to the Ft Myers Beach area. We selected the Pink Shell because they had a 2 bedroom suite which worked perfect for us. We got the sand dollar package which included "free money" each day to spend at the hotel (either on food and drinks or at the spa). This was great because we could charge stuff back to the room and not have to pay any extra at the end of our stay... only bad part is that you need to spend it all before you leave because you dont get a refund. We found this out when checking out and we still had about $30 left.... The Pink Shell is located toward the end of Estero Blvd so it's a bit quieter in that area which was nice... The trolley system on Ft Myers Beach is great! You can pick it up outside the hotel and it will take you up and down the strip... even off Estero and to a couple of shopping centers in town. The suite we had was very nice. It was super clean and modern. It had a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The master suite had a great big tub with jets!!... The best part was the balcony that was screened in. It overlooked the water and pool area. While we had a great time at the Pink Shell.. I think it's more of a family hotel than a couple hotel... there are tons of kids running everywhere and that sometimes makes for noisy neighbors. One night they had a "drive in" type movie in the pool area for the kids which was really cool. We watched it from our balcony. I would definitely recommend the Pink Shell to travelers with families. If you are looking for a more romantic or couple type setting I would suggest looking into something else. I would stay there again if we ever go back. Also want to mention we had a difficult time at check in as there were about 4 other people checking in at the same time and there was only 1 person at the desk to help.. it was a very slow process. Check out was the same way... While most of the staff was friendly, no one really over extended themselves when we asked about places to eat and shop in the area... they all seemed a bit unfamillar with it.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
13  Thank HappyVacationer78
Reviewed July 8, 2007

Returned to the Pink Shell again. July 4th was a special birthday 60 years young. Worried about the reviews I've read since my last visit, (eq. towel fee, and red tide) Plus new General Manager could mean trouble, this place going down. Well let me tell you my concerns were wasted,Bill Waichulis the new GM, has not changed any of the main attractions to the resort. The staff, mostly foreign students bring a flair to the resort that makes you feel that you have traveled out of the country, and always happy to serve you. I especially liked the service that Candela, Ariel, Gerry and Raphael provided during my wife and my stay.

Patrick Haney the Director of Food Service should be proud of the meals that his department puts out. Always hot and delicious. Still wish he would add a few less expensive dinners on the menu. And the Fourth of July buffet was a good idea maybe a few more of these would help families.

Bill at the front desk was very helpful at check-in explaining the plan that we had which was new (no towel fee, plus $45.00 per day to spend at the resort for incidentals) great deal.

Pool games for the kids were very entertaining and wished they would actually add games for adults to play. The children love to laugh at their parents being kids.

Only negative thing I can say about the Pink Shell is still 10:00 PM is still to early to shut JoJo's and Bongos down, also play the music at the pool area so you can hear it. It becomes annoying if you here the bass beat but can't figure out the song being played.

And when the elevators have a problem as they did during our stay they might want to put water misting stations on the upper floors because it does get warm waiting for only one elevator. The other was repaired the next day which was good for a holiday weekend.

I'm already planning my next visit, Soon I hope.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple