“Excellent place to stay”

Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Welcoming staff. Wonderful free breakfast. Free drink coupons. Free beach bag. Free Figi water in room. Was really surprised that my room had kitchenette set up, fully supplied with everything needed to cook ,I didn't expect that. LOVED my view of the Gulf from the room and the screened in large balcony. My only regret was I had only planned a one night stay in between other trips. I am definitely planning on returning next year for a longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 15bubbles

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Pink Shell in the beginning of August and I cant say enough great things about this hotel. Upon arriving we were greeted by the nicest bellman Vinnie and he was nothing but helpful throughout our trip. Our room was perfect for six girls certainly big enough for all of us. We ate at all three of the restaurants and had nice meals and good service at all three. The pool bar had excellent drinks and reasonably priced we enjoyed our fair share of those! We all cant wait to come back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emily S
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Beautiful property on the beach with balcony and 3 very nice pools to choose from. Great rate and breakfast included. Very clean everywhere on property. Has resort fee, but you get free drink coupons, free breakfast buffet, free parking, and a free newspaper each morning! Ask for upper floor for best views. Got a great rate and then they discounted it days later for a Facebook friend special rate after the reservation was already completed! A little further from times square area, but we never had to leave the property for anything!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kaisers222
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Absolutely loved this hotel. We were on a holiday with another family and we had a week in orlando and this was our relaxing week. We stayed in a deluxe gulf view studio which was perfect for us there was a fridge a two ring hotplate with cutlery and pots, a safe, a balcony and two double beds. We had two free breakfasts per day which was a buffet hot and cold, there is a supermarket near by so we had breakfast on balconey a couple of mornings. The food at hotel restaurant was lovely and the staff were very friendly. We hired jet ski's on the beach which were fab and we hired a boat for the day from the marina which is a must we found a deserted beach and did some swimming and fishing we then pulled in at restaurant and had lunch then back to the boat. The highlight was seeing dolphins. At night we got the local bus down to the pier and ate at various restaurants our favourite was nervous nellies. I would definetly go again to fort myers and i would stay at pink shell beach resort.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bluesweetieone
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We just got back, and I feel it was a good experience. Check-In was a good experience w/Iulia.
The room exceded my expectations - it was clean and comfortable and cute. We had a view of Sanibel Island w/its blinking lighthouse from our 9th floor balcony which also overlooked the pool - excellent view. But I had thought from the website that it came with a soaktub and it had a shower only, which made the whole bathroom floor wet. We were told it was because it was a handicap unit. No biggie. The shower was huge and we used a towel to prevent puddles. The staff were overall great - they accomodated our dietary restrictions satisfactorily (gluten-free, dairy free). We spent a lot of time in the main pool and some time in the sprinkler pool which was saline instead of chlorine. The main pool was really warm and we stayed in it even in the cooler rainy weather that rolled in every afternoon around 3 or 4pm. We wish the waterfall and sprinklers would have stayed turned on later, but they turned them off around 2 or 2:30 each afternoon probably because it's their low season.
The food was good - my husband loved the Russian sandwich at lunch, and I had both the mahi and grouper and both were fresh and well prepared. We only ate dinner onsite once - I didn't like the "mango chutney" because it tasted like mango in syrup without any spice, and my husband's sliders came out very plain - meat on buns with potato chips (very yummy homemade chips). When we showed our displeasure they brought out slaw and avocado to liven it up. We weren't impressed with the breakfast buffet but again, we have high standards, and Sysco scrambled eggs from a carton with Sysco pan coating is not appetizing or tasty. One server that stood out was Greg (at Jack's breakfast buffet) - he was excellent and we went out of our way to tip him. Angie I think was the name of a server at Bongo's that was excellent, as was Dane.
Plenty to do in walking distance- The beach had lots of shells, and it's a short walk down to the pier and Times Square. There are live bands there some nights which is a nice thing for a casual night outside the resort. We also walked up to Bowditch Pointe Park and explored which is also a short walk. There's mangroves, and some folks were fishing and catching lots of catfish. There are shore birds everywhere, pelicans, and ospreys overhead. There is also a sea turtle nest roped off. And lots of pretty wildflowers among grasses.
Sanibel Island is a quick 15 min drive, and worth the trip because there are swimming beaches there with clearer water.
Guests have free access to steam room at the Spa and to the fitness room. We didn't experience either.
We would definitely consider staying at Pink Shell again. My kids loved it. And even with our high standards I can say the s
One tip, if you have room in your baggage, bring your own pool and sand toys. We ended up buying a noodle for $5 and had luckily brought some of our own toys. But we just weren't used to buying every little thing because we'd always previously done all inclusive vacations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank funfam07
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I just want to say you won't be disappointed! Kid-friendly & even has a baby wading pool. My friends & I had a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite which was gorgeous & impeccably clean. It also came with a washer/dryer, full swing kitchen w/dishwasher, dining area & a living room with a view to die for!! Both restaurants had delicious food & friendly staff. What more can I say?

Room Tip: My friends & I had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. It was GORGEOUS & impeccably clean!! And the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here three times. Just when I think the hotel and staff have done everything possible to ensure we have the best experience, they go ahead and do even more. From check in, which is friendly, fast and informative, to bar and dining services, room cleaning and special events, straight through to check out, the staff at the Pink Shell are true professionals in the hospitality industry. They went above and beyond to accomodate my husband and me, at check in, helping us to find an upgraded room to celebrate our anniversary, assisted to call in a staff member to arrange for a private sunset dinner on the beach with less than 24 hours notice, serviced by DANE (BEST service we have ever had, request this gentleman by name!). I will remember this trip FOREVER. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this resort and it's professional and personable staff. Clean, great food, a perfect 10! See you next year Pink Shell!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong all of the rooms are clean and beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
#9 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
Sandpiper Gulf Resort
Sandpiper Gulf Resort
#8 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach

Been to Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!