Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
$153
$139
Hampton.com
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$330
$320
Carousel Inn on the Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
Flamingo Inn(Fort Myers Beach)
$79
$239
DiamondHead Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$338
$256
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Lovers Key Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$159
$149
Sandpiper Gulf Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$194
$174
Orbitz.com
Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$152
$144
Priceline
Pointe Estero Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$399
TripAdvisor
3,831 results
All reviewssanibel viewmain buildingcaptiva buildingthe white sandsbreakfast buffetmain poolpaddle boardsroom keyfull kitcheneach morningdolphin tourchairs and umbrellasone bedroom suitefamily vacationscreened in porchwasher and dryeran umbrella
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Back at the Pink shell again for the 5th time. We stayed in the White Sands building this time and really enjoyed it. The rooms are big and very clean. I loved the washer and dryer right in the room! We had awesome views of the gulf and the sunset. We also overlooked the octo-pool. I really enjoyed sitting at the sanibel view pool and the Captiva pool and reading my book. It is quieter at these two pools. the beach was great. We were close to times square and walked up there everyday for the resturants, shopping or just to sit up there. Bowditch park and close and a great place to watch the boats come and go. there were also lots of dolphins to watch. We ate at bongos and had drinks there. Nice to not have to leave the resort if you don't want to too. The breakfast is fantastic. Lots of different things to eat. the staff was very nice and helpful. We will vbe back again soon!

Room Tip: Not really a bad room there - we have stayed in all 3 buildings and all have greatr views of the gulf. White Sands building is a little louder with the kids pool there but nothing too bad
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dlynette
SeniorPSR, Public Relations Manager at Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We are so pleased that you had a wonderful vacation at our resort. There are many resorts on Fort Myers Beach, so thank you for choosing to stay with us year after year. We look forward to many more years of welcoming you back. Take care!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Read 35 pages of reviews before we booked. Discovered they were all true, the good, the bad, the ugly, so there is nothing much unique to add. We had the room in Captiva villa with the double lanias and soaking tub, it was great. Every evening after the sunsets on the beach from the front we would ajourn to the bay side, soak in the tub and enjoy the boats. It was like a beautiful boat show with yachts and resort cruisers and all the ''big city lights'', extremely enjoyable after a long hard day of touring the area beaches. Don't miss the farmers market under the bridge on Fri. morning. Purchased lovely roses to place in ice buckets for ten dollars and livened up the lanias. There is also fresh fruits and local pink shrimp.Used the pink and white stripes towels ( they give you all you want)as table cloths and to cover the chaise lounges, should have brought duct tape to afix the towels as curtains to obscure the concrete section of some of the views. Very convient location to visit Sanible, Captiva, Naples and the stunning Barefoot beach area with all the mansions, great shelling, gopher turtles and quietness. Don't miss it. The bar area is busy, small and under staffed, take note on that management, that is why the staff is cranky. Drink cart service to the beach didn't occur although advertised and was a huge disappointment to me as I am recovering from back surgery and it was a long hard walk back to the bar. The reviews about the German place are all big lies and it is a scam. The breakfast at the resort is all good, all you can eat bacon! Good luck finding good dining. Better bet is to head to the Publix, visit the bakery to get your very, very, fancy desserts and breads, don't miss em'. Great place for kids but they and the exhaust fans make for a noisey place. Leave the electronics home, they wont work, tv has 35 channels, go beaching instead. Vaca is what you make it, we loved it, thank you Pink Shell, can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Request upper floors to avoid the noise, definitly without a doubt choose the soaking tub room with the double lanias. Two CAN fit in the tub and the temps are adjustable and it lights up, and you can soak in the buff at any time of the day or night. The never ending boat show and bird activity very enjoyable when you are being massaged by the tub jets.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I visited the Pink Shell for a business conference. It is a very clean hotel. The staff that provided the food service throughout the conference was tremendous and the food surpassed my expectations. However, the internet service provided in the rooms was TERRIBLE! The first day I could not connect to the internet, I called the front desk that provided me a toll free number to call. When I called I was taken through many steps to try and fix my problem. None of these steps corrected my issue. After a 30 minute phone call I was told there was nothing they could do- thanks for the help!

I called the front desk back and they told me they would contact maintenance. I did not hear from them for 40 minutes and so I called back. I was told they were busy and would visit my room within the next 30 minutes. Once the service rep arrived I had asked for a cable to connect directly- this was not an option. I then suggested unplugging the router, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in- success!

The internet worked- sort of, very weak signal and slow speed.
When I got back to my room today… the internet didn’t work! The service desk representative was not friendly (She was not rude, but not friendly). They sent a service rep up who went back in the room with the router and fixed the internet.

Long story short- do not visit this hotel if you require internet service in your room because it is TERRIBLE and extremely frustrating if you have emails to catch up on and work to complete.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris B

We are happy to hear you had a successful conference. Thank you for your compliments on the cleanliness of the hotel, the banquet staff, and the food quality.
In the rare event that we do have a guest who has difficulty with Wi-Fi, we make the best efforts we can to fix it quickly. We will be checking all areas to be sure the Wi-Fi is functioning to its best capability.
Thank you for your review as we can only improve when we receive feedback and we hope that you will consider returning to our resort.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We spent 10 days at this resort and I couldn't have been more satisfied, I had reserved a 1 bedroom suite and upon arrival we were given a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite which we found to be more than what we had expected. We were on the 9th floor which gave us an excellent view of the beach and the surrounding area. We had read that the pool area could be quite loud so I had requested the upper floor prior to our arrival, there was only one night that the noise was annoying and that was due to a wedding reception going on but it was over by 10:30. As for the staff, I couldn't have ask for nicer and more accommodating people. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the wait staff was very friendly and efficient. I would not hesitate to stay here again, it is at the less busy end of the beach and that makes for getting off the island very simple.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just returned from what was to be three nights at the Pink Shell. We originally reserved a 1 bedroom suite in their newest building. Upon arrival we were told that we had been "upgraded" to a 2 bedroom suite. Room was simple but quite sensational really, but there was a huge catch, one that proved too much for our noses!! The entrance to the room was right by the multiple 4' exhaust fans that vented the kitchen odours...everything in and around our room stunk like grease all day long!!! We had to keep telling our kids to keep the door closed, as the stench worked it's way in even with the door closed!! Aside from this issue, the only dining available is poolside which is fine for lunch...not so fine for dinner. Service was usually terrible, even at the walk-up bar. Apparently they had other things on their minds...we were NOT alone in this observation, it became a standing joke with other patrons!!!! This is not a bad hotel, it just isn't a good hotel...we checked out a day early and drove three hours north to the Omni in Orlando and as per usual for them...were treated like we mattered, we do!!!!

Room Tip: If you are in the main building, get a suite that is on the north end of the building...and preferably up high!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank OnTheBeach321

We appreciate your feedback. We realize the exhaust fans are an area for improvement and this is something we are looking into correcting.
The service associates have been made aware of your comments. We wish to provide nothing but exceptional service to all of our guests because you do matter. Our standard is to treat our guests like family and we are sorry that you left our resort without feeling cared for. We hope you will visit our resort again.