I visited the Pink Shell for a business conference. It is a very clean hotel. The staff that provided the food service throughout the conference was tremendous and the food surpassed my expectations. However, the internet service provided in the rooms was TERRIBLE! The first day I could not connect to the internet, I called the front desk that provided me a toll free number to call. When I called I was taken through many steps to try and fix my problem. None of these steps corrected my issue. After a 30 minute phone call I was told there was nothing they could do- thanks for the help!
I called the front desk back and they told me they would contact maintenance. I did not hear from them for 40 minutes and so I called back. I was told they were busy and would visit my room within the next 30 minutes. Once the service rep arrived I had asked for a cable to connect directly- this was not an option. I then suggested unplugging the router, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in- success!
The internet worked- sort of, very weak signal and slow speed.
When I got back to my room today… the internet didn’t work! The service desk representative was not friendly (She was not rude, but not friendly). They sent a service rep up who went back in the room with the router and fixed the internet.
Long story short- do not visit this hotel if you require internet service in your room because it is TERRIBLE and extremely frustrating if you have emails to catch up on and work to complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a Top Florida Resort, Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina was voted the #2 resort on the Gulf coast of Florida by Conde Nast Traveler. Book on our website and you get more than a great room or suite at our beachfront resort. Every time you reserve and stay with us, and with every hotel deal we offer, you receive two breakfasts each day, two drinks, two in-suite bottles of Voss water, a Pink Shell Resort beach bag, and daily beach lounge chair and umbrella rental. The only thing we overlook is the beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pink Shell Beach Resort And Marina
- Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Pink Shell Beach Hotel