“Unit 412 Major DUMP”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Carlos Pointe Beach Club Condominiums
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Should have known that we would have a major problem with this condo unit. After telling the owners we wanted to rent were told that they would e-mail the contract within 3-5 days. 2 1/2 weeks later no contract and had to request again the contract.
When we arrival we went to the office to see about getting the required parking pass only to find out that 99% of the time no one is in the office. You will out a form and they tack the pass to the board in the office that any one could steal. Went to unit 412 and was suprised to see a very old unit that the owners had not put any money into it in a very long time. Were required to keep the temp at 78 degrees or higher. Spare bedroom the beds were like rock, the bathroom had several stripes of wallpaper missing, door stop was 100% rusted out. Moldy corners, etc.
Furniture in living room must be 20 years old. Bow almost down to the floor and hard to sit on for over 20 minutes. King bed must be over 10 years old well past being able to get a good nights sleep on. Masterbed room bathroom also had mold due to failure to proper clean. Furniture on balcony was cheap plastic and ceiling fan looked like it would fall off any time and hurt someone. Sand chairs left for our use were also totally rusted out and none of them worked, just there for show I guess. Had a problem several nights in a row with loud people in other unit. Kids could not get to sleep most nights till almost midnight. Person that was to be in charge and the property mangement company refused to enforse the policy of no noise after 10pm. Was just told to call police.
The old good thing was the pool area as was keep very clean everyday and the beach was great. Could not walk in water as dropped off very fast and was rocky. Had to drive to get any place as nothing on this end of island.
And then to finish this off had to wait over a month for our deposit check to be returned. Do yourself a favor and don't stay at this condo as you will be sorry. Kids said it was the worse place that they have ever stayed at.
Will not be back.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank jdillinger111

Reviewed June 16, 2008

Stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo in April, 2008. Condo was very clean and spacious. No real management on site, so if you have problem, you have to get in touch with the person you rented from, kind of a pain if you happen to lock yourself out.

We were able to see dolphins swimming from our balcony, but would not rate the beach as a great swimming beach as it seemed to get deep very quickly.

This is a very quiet end of the beach, so if you are looking for action, I would not stay here

Would stay here again , but would wait until the price drops after the spring break, as it was a little pricey

Reviewed March 6, 2008

The condo #532 we stayed in was nice and provided all the things you need. The twin beds in the one room were not comfortable and really need to be replaced as I think they were made for children not adults. The beach was nice and I loved walking in the morning but there were a lot of creatures out there in the morning and that's why I wouldn't go swimming in this area but we had a nice pool. The things I didn't like there was you couldn't have floats nor could you have food in the pool area and I wish I would have known that before we booked. It is at the quiet end of Ft Myers but that was okay as the traffic was slow at the north end of Ft Myers Beach. The view was nice from the condo and you did see boats coming in and out and also the dolphins.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank LindaF_7
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We recently stayed at Carlos Pointe and truly enjoyed our experience! We knew we made the right choice the minute we pulled into the parking lot. The landscaping and the pavers were proof the community cared about its guests. And what's not to like about a stay right on the beach? With the convenience of a pool, the direct access to the beach and the peace and quiet on the end of the island, it was a great vacation. We had easy access to all the amenities of both the building and the surrounding area. Our unit, 124, was beautifully decorated and spacious, with 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The kitchen was up to date with all the appliances, which is great for families. However, we choose to visit all the fine restaurants in the area for most of our meals.

We highly recommend Carlos Pointe to anyone looking for a clean, upscale environment. It's a great place for everyone!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank lvermeal
Reviewed December 4, 2007

I have spend at least 1 week a year at this resort for the last 6 years.
We stay in the condos owned by Alice Bell. We find them to be well taken care of and provide our needs for nice furnishings and complete kitchen necessities.
The beach and the pool is right down the steps. Both are well kept and you are expected to follow the pool rules. Restrooms at the pool are kept very clean. There are miles of white beach to walk on and enjoy the sunsets.
We are within 10-20 minutes of wonder shopping and very nice restaurants, if you don't want to eat in the condo.
This is a family perfect location. Even being there over Spring Brake there was no problem and being at the south end of the beach you are away from the crowds, if you want to be.
Easy access to the Airport also.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank Floridefriend
Reviewed November 26, 2007

How can being at the quiet end of the Fort Myers Beach be a bad thing?
I’ve been going to Fort Myers Beach for 10 years now. Each year I would choose different places to stay, among them Caper Beach Club, (upper end), GulfView, Smugglers Cove (middle) and Lover’s Key Resort (end of Ft Myers Beach) but since 2001 I’ve stayed at Carlos Pointe.

What I found at Carlos Pointe is the benefits of a larger beach, a pool that faces the beach, a great place for shelling, and a place for long walks. It’s the most natural looking areas at Fort Myers Beach, (I have the photos to prove it) I have seen dolphins, osprey, eagles and manatees all close to the beach at Carlos Pointe.

It’s unfortunate that the other reviews have put Carlos Pointe in a bad light, but I am fortunate to have found a condo owner that really has cared for her guests. I was down there in September when the paving work was going on, but I appreciate that owner I rent from, Alice Bell , kept us informed, even check on us that week (by the way it was our choice to still go that week). I’m glad the owner I rent from has taken pride in their places to update , and renovate and make improvements. As a vactioner I glad Carlos Pointe cares enough to make renovations to the complex, and they try to do it off-season.The one thing that keeps me going back to Carlos Pointe, is the feeling of it being a home away from home, not a stark condo feel. I have always found that the people at Carlos Pointe are warm and friendly, from vacationers to the people who live there; the office staff and maintenance workers have been great.

As for advice to a future renter looking at these reviews; don’t let that experience ruin it. If you want a relaxing place to go, for families and couples, I encourage you to look into staying there. I suggest checking out owners web sites first, before you make a decision, see if it’s the place for you. You will be able to tell if it’s the right place for your style of vacationing. As for me, if you are looking to be loud and looking for a lot action, well I hope you find another place.I like the quiet end of Fort Myers Beach just fine.

Stayed: September 2007
10  Thank CCP8195
Reviewed September 27, 2007

Our stay was OK for what we were seeking. However, we had difficulty establishing basic contact with the owner of Condo #412. We did not receive the key to the place until the week prior to our arrival. I made repeated attempts to determine exactly what exit conditions were required in order to get our $200 deposit returned...prior to occupancy. We followed it to the letter, even buying our own cleaning supplies and scrubbing down the kitchen ourselves. We left cleaning supplies there for the cleaning staff who were supposed to come in following our departure.

To date, we have not received our $200 deposit back from the owner, nor has the owner responded to any of our inquiries. In short, occupancy rates were mis-represented by the owner since they've determined to keep the deposit without notification.

We'll go somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank riveralwayswalk
FMBcondo, Owner at Carlos Pointe Beach Club Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2007

In reviewing my reservations for the month of May I did not have any reservations from guests who were from Michigan. I have the same guests returning to my condos year after year. We offer clean, updated, fully stocked 2 bedroom condos on one of the most scenic locations on Fort Myers Beach. Whoever these people are I am sorry that they had a less than satisfying experience. All of the deposits have been returned. If they have not received their deposit and if in fact they have stayed at our condo I wish they would contact me so that I may take care of this problem since there is no record of this. Carlos Pointe Beach Club is a destination for families, singles and couples. It has a beautiful beach and is within 6 miles of Times Square. We have many satisfied customers who have recommended our condos to others!!
Please check with the customer so that we can remedy any problems if in fact this is a guest of ours.
Marcia Garland