“Much better than I expected!”
Review of The Big M Casino - CLOSED

The Big M Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinner Cruises, Casino Cruise, Slot Machines, Black Jack, Roulette, 3-Card Poker, Let it Ride, Craps, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner Buffet, Live Entertainment.
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Much better than I expected!”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Made reservation. Arrived 45 min. ahead of departure. Free valet parking for all cars. Most cars parked inside a marina building. Boat left exactly at 10:30 a.m. as scheduled. Played one game of bingo while waiting to get 10 miles out in the Gulf. Did not win. Played blackjack until lunch which started at 1 p.m.; lunch buffet was salad, baked chicken, rice & gravy, pizza, desert, cookies. Resumed the blackjack game after lunch and played until 3:10 p.m., at which time all gambling was stopped because we were headed back to the marina and were less than 10 miles out in the Gulf. Back at the marina at 4:30 p.m. as scheduled.
The Big M Casino Ft. Myers trip was very nice. Crew members, including dealers, bartenders, waitresses treated all customers very well. I will definately go again during my Florida visit.

Visited January 2011
3 Thank Capt_G97

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Failure on New Years Eve Celebration!!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

The Big M Casino is the only gambling casino on Fort Myers Beach, so if you like to gamble and wile away some spare time it is the only choice. This review is based on the New Years Eve Celebration for 2010. The Big M sent out invitations a month in advance for the New Years Eve party. It was an "Invitation Only" party that I immediately responded to. I love going to the Casino and live here year round, so I anxiously waited the BIG EVENT. My husband and I live at the other end of the beach away from the Casino and everyone knows how slow the traffic can be on Estero Boulevard during the busy season.

We left our house at 5:15 p.m. because the invitation said boarding would begin at 5:30 p.m. and the boat would leave dock at 6:30 p.m. We arrived at the Casino at 6:08 and the boat was already leaving dock. We went in and said, WHY WOULD THE BOAT LEAVE BEFORE THE 6:30 deadline??? The girl behind the desk said she tried to call....I checked my I-phone when I arrived back home and there was no call made but why would I be taking my phone for a New Years Eve party??

They had no explanation and I immediately sent off an e-mail questioning the why and why not and have not received an answer as of 11:30 a.m. January 1, 2011. How irresponsible is the captain of this boat. Does he not have a watch, does he not realize how important reservations are for New Years Eve and why would they do that to people?

We were on the boat last week and it left 15 minutes early from dock but we just assumed it was because it was slow and not many people were on the boat.

Is this becoming a routine for the Big M.....to allow reservations to be made and to allow boarding to be cancelled at a whim? This is a very sorry way to run a business and is very disappointing. I will never make reservations again, especially on New Years Eve. I suppose that because they have a monopoly of the casino boats they think they can do anything they want. I am wondering who do these people answer to? Their answering machine does not work, there is no contact person for complaints and if the boat leaves no one seems to care. The worker there said, "they got slammed" and the boat was full.

WHY BOTHER MAKING RESERVATIONS OR HAVING GOLD CARD MEMBERS ONLY EVENTS IF YOU INTEND TO RUIN NEW YEARS EVE!!!

GET THE CAPTAIN A WATCH!!!

5 Thank 19Delilah08
Naples, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not For Serious Players”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Have sailed 7 boats in Florida and I have 3 letters for this wanna-be-casino boat: LOL

What a joke. Have been on this ship 4 times and I now have enough experience to write about it. First, this is not a real casino boat. Sure, they have Class III Games but they are very limited and management has no clue what a player is all about and they certainly dont honor the casino industry etiquette in terms of how players are treated. For example, I was shocked to see that they don’t comp drinks. Drinks for players are an industry automatic. But not on this cheapskate boat. I have never ever been to any boat where drinks aren’t comped. That’s right, you have to fork up up $6.50 for your drinks. What a joke!

It is really not a good boat for players as there is very little action on this boat, even on Sat nights, which is probably why they cant afford to comp drinks. They even only have 1 lousy roulette table, a game I play when the craps table is cold and they only opened up 1 of 2 craps tables on a fri night I was there.

One sat , I did a double and in the morning, it was dead. I played craps with 2 other players. Again, only 1 craps table was open. I , then journeyed on over to the only roulette table and only one player was there. I sat and watched for about 30 mins. We were both laughing on how the boat didn’t comp their players drinks. I was a bit shocked because this guy was between $25-$50 on outside spins. Once in awhile he would throw a black chip out there too on a red or black. And he still had to beg for a drink to be comped. He was telling me that it was his 2cnd time on the boat and would be his last. I think we both concurred that this had to be the only game in town which allowed them to treat players like they did. But he did tell me that another boat, called Sun Cruz Casino, was coming ino the neighborhood and that he was going to sail with them because he use to sail with them when they were in other parts of Florida.

Even one of the craps dealers was saying how terrible a boat it is for players. He apllied for a dealer position and wants to go back to where he came from

You really dont want to waste your time on this BIG M Casino Boat if you are a serious player. They should call it LITTLE M because it sees little action and if the seas are over 5 feet you bêtter hang on for dear life! It’s a tiny boat

7 Thank Diceman18
Roseville, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Nice Way to Spend the Afternoon”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We are in Fort Myers Beach for the first time in 13 years and staying at the Pink Shell Resort (nice hotel but thats in another review). We made reservations online for the Big M casino 245 hours beforehand.

The cruise/buffet lunch and gambling was from 10:30am to 4:30pm. Cost was all of $20 for both of us and included cruise and all you can eat buffet lunch. Well worth it and even managed to win on the slots. The slots however are aged and still cashes out with Big M tokens which have to be cashed in at the only cashier. Deck 3 wwith smokers, tables and some slots needs better air conditioning. We were on Deck 2 for non-smokers. Lunch was good and worth the price.

All in all good price and good time!

3 Thank nomoretrainsinnv
Roanoke, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing yet fun sunset cruise”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I went with my parents on the M Casino Cruise in Ft. Myers, Florida. It is a casino boat cruise that goes out into the ocean. It was fairly inexpensive and since we had coupons which are normally in the local paper it was half of and we got $10 in money to play. the This boat is for age 21+ so no brining the kids on this trip. On the way out to sea you are able to enjoy some music from a local band as well as drinks. Watching the sunset was amazing and it was really cool to watch the dolphins playing and following the boat's wake. Once we got out 10 miles it was time to hit the slots. There are also some tables that you can play on. Music continue on the top deck as well as drinks. I would suggest going on a weekday. The boat also goes out during the middle of the day, but I would say the sunset trip is my favorite.

1 Thank abowski6