“Riverboat time gambling”
Review of The Big M Casino - CLOSED

The Big M Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinner Cruises, Casino Cruise, Slot Machines, Black Jack, Roulette, 3-Card Poker, Let it Ride, Craps, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner Buffet, Live Entertainment.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

All I can say is that they try real hard to bring a gambling option to SW Florida. Though the gambling does not have a huge selection, the BigM also offers a nice boat ride in the Gulf. Neither is too bad for a little fun and distraction.

1  Thank Michael D

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nice to be able to have option of gambling if you so desire. Big M fills that desire as a small scale floating casino. After boarding the ship, enjoy a buffet breaksfast or dinner as you motor outside the legal boundaries to where gambling is allowed. A boarding fee is charged, but sometimes there is a coupon that will cover this fee provided that you purchase a buffet ticket. Other times there may be a coupon for a free buffet if you purchase the boarding ticket. The buffet is very good so it is worth the money, as you would pay more onshore for similar meal.
Big M has all the favorite gambling games, tables and slots for you to lose your money on. They do pay out though and they usually broadcast when someone wins a jackpot, as well as how much was paid out on the cruise. Even if you don't gamble, you can enjoy a relaxing boat ride, a meal, and on most cruises, some kind of live entertainment.
If you are in the Ft. Myers area, this is your best bet for gambling. The Immokolee Casino may be bigger, but payouts (in my opinion) do not compare with Big M and the table minimums are lower on the Big M.

3  Thank al73vw
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was only on here once, but boy did I win big!!! I was in a row with 3 machines, I won on the outside one, was waiting to get paid so I played the middle one, was waiting to get paid on that one, then played the inside one, and won on that one too!! Cant wait to go back and try again!!

1  Thank TMTSTOES
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I had originally planned to take my wife out last weekend for our anniversary, but TS Issac, came through. While still in port, the buffet was open. It looked pretty good. It only a few items to choose from. The food was pretty bland. The stuffed bell peppers had uncooked rice in the filling.I tried what I thought was a pasta salad. Tasted terrible. I think it was a "seafood" salad. The roast beef carving station was pretty good. Crab cakes where mostly breading and probably frozen.
Now we're out in the open gulf. It was rough. Dinner was threatening to come back. I normally fair well on boats, but not this trip. I wasn't the only one either. There where quite a few people laying on blankets in the stairwells. All paler then me. I do want to say the staff was excellent in caring for the sea sick folks, including me.
The ship left port at around 6pm and docked by 11:45pm. If we go out again we definitely won't have the buffet. My wife did have a good time at the slots and we brought home some cash as well.

1  Thank BW639
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Cruise is only $10 and the captain positions the boat to allow a good view of the setting sun. Buffet at about $16 is better than I expected it would be.

1  Thank vla62