We have been vacation in Fort Myers for YEARS and even own property down here. When we got engaged we knew this was the area to have our party but didn't have enough sand space to host such an event.
We thought with this awesome place (and even saw a small ceremony done here) that this would be a perfect spot for our wedding. They have a lot of sand space (enough for a tent/dance floor) and with the 10 rooms available we thought our wedding party could stay there while the rest of the guests could stay a mile down the road. With 7 months of communication with Frank/Beth through our wedding planner we were getting more excited about our special day! However, it took a turn for the worst when Frank emailed and started to panic about the wedding plans for the tent. After they had a meeting with our wedding planner, Frank/Beth basically told us to go somewhere else to host our party!! With 9 months until the big day I'm left to figure out my accommodation all over again :( (Luckily with enough time). On top of that we have to print/resend stuff out to our guests (350$ down the drain).
Some things I thought were a little strange and should have been red flags:
1. Five months into our communicate/planning they told us about fees that were never bought up from day one. (i.e a fee for sand use and to pay for ALL rooms if they didn't get reserved)
2. On multiple occasions (and different people who worked here) invited themselves to our wedding and asked to bring guests! I find this rude and unprofessional for managers. We are paying for your facilities, but this doesn't entitle you to an invite to a private formal event.
3. Conversations about wedding details you "couldn't remember" having and we would always get different answers from different people. Everyone should be on the same page.
I have never stayed at this location for vacation, but from my experience already with trying to plan an event I wouldn't stay here! I'm hoping to get ALL of my money back for the deposit but according to Frank/Beth there are "processing fees". Since you are the ones to back out of this event I hope to see 100% of my money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each room includes direct beach acccess to Fort Myers Beach, as well as a fully equipped kitchen. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wild Wave Hotel Fort Myers Beach