“Beach Wedding”
Review of Wild Wave Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Wild Wave Resort
Ranked #30 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have been vacation in Fort Myers for YEARS and even own property down here. When we got engaged we knew this was the area to have our party but didn't have enough sand space to host such an event.

We thought with this awesome place (and even saw a small ceremony done here) that this would be a perfect spot for our wedding. They have a lot of sand space (enough for a tent/dance floor) and with the 10 rooms available we thought our wedding party could stay there while the rest of the guests could stay a mile down the road. With 7 months of communication with Frank/Beth through our wedding planner we were getting more excited about our special day! However, it took a turn for the worst when Frank emailed and started to panic about the wedding plans for the tent. After they had a meeting with our wedding planner, Frank/Beth basically told us to go somewhere else to host our party!! With 9 months until the big day I'm left to figure out my accommodation all over again :( (Luckily with enough time). On top of that we have to print/resend stuff out to our guests (350$ down the drain).

Some things I thought were a little strange and should have been red flags:
1. Five months into our communicate/planning they told us about fees that were never bought up from day one. (i.e a fee for sand use and to pay for ALL rooms if they didn't get reserved)
2. On multiple occasions (and different people who worked here) invited themselves to our wedding and asked to bring guests! I find this rude and unprofessional for managers. We are paying for your facilities, but this doesn't entitle you to an invite to a private formal event.
3. Conversations about wedding details you "couldn't remember" having and we would always get different answers from different people. Everyone should be on the same page.

I have never stayed at this location for vacation, but from my experience already with trying to plan an event I wouldn't stay here! I'm hoping to get ALL of my money back for the deposit but according to Frank/Beth there are "processing fees". Since you are the ones to back out of this event I hope to see 100% of my money.

1  Thank Jojo1119

Reviewed June 16, 2012

My wife and I met managers Frank and Beth on our first trip to the Wild Wave in June of 2003. We found them to be very accommadating, pleasant and great resort hosts. We have returnd almost every year since. It is great to step off the porch and onto the beach. The rooms are comfortable in size and adequately furnished. If you cannot find something like a corkscrew (essential tool when on vacation) Frank will find one for you. Free WiFi is available and satallite TV is provided. I like Shelling. Ft. Meyers Beach (Estero Island) and Lovers Key (next Island) are great places to find shells. I always bring lots & lots of shells home. There are lots of really great restaurants on the island plus entertainment and its all close. A number of years ago we introduced family members to the Wild Wave and they also keep returning. Go ahead, have some fun.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MissouriLake
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My other half surprised me by meeting friends there celebrating their anniversary. I am just getting done with Cancer treatment. This was the perfect paradise great people and atmosphere. I was so relaxed and such a great time. I love this place it is a great secret!!!

Room Tip: All the rooma are great with wonderful view!!! book way in advance fills up!!!
3  Thank Bobbie D
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was our first time in 13 years taking a honeymoon vacation that we never got to take so I wanted to be a very special & romantic time. We stayed at your run-of-the-mill hotels plenty of times and I really wanted something "different".... By doing some internet research I found Wild Wave Resort and I fell in love with the pictures and the distance away from all the busy hotels but was a little scared by some of the negative reviews that I saw but said to my self” NEVER JUDGE until you see it for your self, so there we were. We absolutely fell in love with the place as we walked in to the office where we met Beth & Frank and they were absolutely friendly and made us feel like we were home. The place was super cute, adorable, and cozy with a full eat in kitchen and a spacious bathroom and closet space and just an incredible location. It's such a laid back, relaxing, fun and affordable place to go. It’s right on the beach. Everything you need is in walking distance. Even though it's right in the middle of everything it feels very private and secluded. The pictures don't do it justice- Wild Wave Resort has a certain cozy "vibe" to it that I really appreciated--it s a tropical delight. . We were the sunset chasers every night walking down the beach or from our patio, we saw some of the best sunsets of our lives here. Mornings were greeted by dolphins swimming so close to shore and the most amazing sunrise. Its one of the best beaches in Florida and I do mean it- after our check out time we wanted to explore other beaches like Captiva and Sanibel which were highly recommended to us by friends and you wont believe this but we actually had to turn around and go back to Wild Wave Resort because we couldn’t find anything that matched the beauty and the cleanliness of the beach and Beth was kind enough to let us spend the rest of our delightful satisfactory vacation day. We had never been to Ft. Myers Beach and it was great!. Thanks to Beth & Frank for an unforgettable getaway and thanks for all you did!! . I cannot wait to come back and am already plotting my next trip down there with our kids so they can now enjoy the dolphin shows and walks on the beach. It was a scathingly brilliant adventure! "Both pleased...the entire time" during our stay. Im SO HAPPY we discovered this little gem and we could not find anything we did not like with this place. I can't say enough good things about it.
Steve & Olesya

2  Thank Olesya T
Reviewed April 22, 2012

It is quite difficult to give a positive or a negative rating about that resort.
Our first impression was, great location, old fashioned but with a special seaman`s touch so we booked it.

Pro:
The location was perfect for us, really quiet and max. 10min. beach walk to the jankanoos bar, which serves beer, sandwich and such… the resort is direct on the beach which gives you a great view and holiday feeling at its best.
On the same road where the resort is located you`ll find everything within 5min. car ride.
The Owner is a real nice lady which helps in every respect and gives you a warm and welcoming feeling.
For a relaxing day on the beach everything is provided from the resort, from the towel l to the umbrella.
Also the wireless internet which worked comfortable was included in the price.
Else a parking lot direct on the resort is provided.
The rooms are big, and from microwave oven to direct.tv everything is there...

so far so good, but now,

contra:
everything from beach towel to the chairs, to couch, floor, fridge, tables, bed, shower is really really old, used and a little dodgy and not 100% clean.
It also seems that this area is very welcome for holidays with dogs, and unfortunately the blanket smelled a little like old dog...

We are maybe a little sensitive about hygenic and cleanness, so we have to say that it was still a great stay because of the location and the hospitality of the owner, but next time we would look if we find something what fits more to our needs.

Remark: We are sure that the Owner would have helped us with new blankets and such, but due to the warm and welcoming aura, we were a little ashamed to mention that topic.

if you are not very sensitive about the mentioned con`s, I’m sure you will have a wonderful stay there.

please find also our pics which shows a great view, but also little dodgy furniture...

Best regards.
Andreas & Lisa

Room Tip: All rooms are well located, for heavy suitcases i would ask for lower level which is sitll 3 meters...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarcelloWallace
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My wife and I arrived about 10:30 AM and were warmly greeted by Beth and Frank, who then showed us to our appartment. Upon entering the bedroom I was shocked to see a tiger lying on my bed, after a brief struggle I managed to subdue the beast, thus establishing the bed was mine. ( A good seamtress can poked the stuffing back in and mend the seams) The afternoon was spent foraging and playing bridge. About dusk I decided to have a smoke down by the waters edge ,whereupon, I found a baby dolphin flopping in the shallows,farther out its mother was swiming back and forth calling out to her baby. I waded in a little over my knees and
"shooed" the sharks down the beach, after walking back I seen mother and baby headed north toward the hectic and crowed part of the beach. As i was about to leave I felt a tickling on my feet, looking down I saw hundreds of little turtles, all making a bee line for the waters edge, I lightly placed my foot on a crab that was trying to detain a few of them. The tsunami arrived as forecast, but the wave height was nowhere near predicted, after the water receded I sat on the porch waiting, I was sure a whale was going to beach itself trying to get the small fish and krill I squeegied off the tiled floor of my apartment.
The next day we played for money, its amazing how accurate they keep score when you play for money, Now guess who won,"moi" and I rebated everybodys rent from my winnings.
Its tiring being a hero, I need to go home and rest.I deemed the WILDWAVE RESORT a fitting and proper stopover for the "WORLD'S BIGGEST LIAR" so I booked it again for next year.
Thank You Beth and Frank for making Carol and I feel special
scrimshaw

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Robert L
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Watching sunsets and diving birds from the balcony, sleeping to the sound of the waves...aaah!! Our affordable view apartment right on the beach had more than enough room for us and all our gear. Peaceful and private section of beach that still has more foliage than high rises!!! We loved the funky private BYO tiki bar in the evenings and the chimenea fire on chilly mornings. We came for a bridge tournament weekend; it's a great place for a group party. The managers made us feel like best friends. We're going back for New Year's.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends