“Lovely spot!”

Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Fort Erie, Canada
“Lovely spot!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Dolphin Inn early May, 2013. What a lovely spot. It is in a quiet area with the trolley stop right outside. We had an apartment size accomodation which was WONDERFUL. I especially loved the hotel because of the people. Travis couldn't have been nicer if he tried! and.....we loved seeing the manatees right outside the door. We won't hesitate to return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The location is great, with access to the beach just over the (not busy) road and the very attractive waterway at the back, lovely for sitting by in the evenings. The pool is fab too. Travis made us feel very welcome and right at home straight away. We really liked the fact that this is a little out from the main Fort Myers beach area, but not far if you want to visit the noisier part of town. There are also some good restarauants nearby. Our room was small, but well equipped and spotless. Its not an ultra modern place, but excellent value for money and we would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: At the back overlooking the waterway is quieter and a lovely outlook
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Allentown, PA
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My advice to travelers is to inquire about your room before you reserve a room at the Dolphin Inn. All of the rooms are unique. Look at the traveler photos here on Tripadvisor. If you look closely, there are some rooms that have ceramic tile flooring. Some rooms have laminate wood style flooring. Some rooms have mostly carpeting. I would highly advise to try to book a room with ceramic tile flooring, or else the laminate wood flooring. If you happen to get a room where you walk into the room, and you have carpeting at the room entrance, and through the main hallways and main areas, I would avoid it. This hotel has a great location, but beach inns have a problem with the sand being tracked into the rooms. Obviously, the ceramic tile and the laminate wood floors are easy to keep clean, but the wall-to-wall carpets are not! Ask about your room's flooring before you book your room. Overall, I gave this Inn four stars (the Inn deserves only three stars! And Travis deserves five stars! so I averaged that out to four). SERIOUSLY, I must say that the Inn itself was disappointing, HOWEVER, Travis was so kind and outgoing! He is a good person, and he is the owner! He knew all of our family members names. He greeted us every morning, and cooked a free fish fry on Friday night. He gave out free maps, and good advice. He is the kind of person who would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it. NO, I can not give the Inn a bad review..... (if you actually like, know, and adore the owner). We just knew him for five days, and that was enough. So, please be aware that all of the reviews here that say the Inn needs updating, well it is true. However, the Inn gets good reviews since Travis is awesome. Also, there is a bike parking area out front that looks like a bicycle graveyard. It is so strange, but we tried not to run into the carcasses of old bikes parked out front. And, the location is great (you can just about see the beach from some rooms, and the canal too, so there is salt water on both sides). So, the salt water/ocean breeze affects the metal in the room (like the oven hood was rusty, and the door hinges were rusty or had corrosion). So, it is outdated, and some things are rusty. But, then again, if they updated everything, they could not rent out the rooms at this low of a price. So, you get what you pay for. I would stay here again if we had a room with ceramic flooring or laminate wood flooring, but not with carpeting at the room entrance/main areas of our room.

Room Tip: Ask about the flooring in the room you are booking. Try to avoid carpeting, due to close proximity...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Decatur, GA
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Was traveling to attend the Fort Myers Beach Film Festival and wanted a place close to the Beach Theater. This lodging is next door and on the bayside not oceanside of street. The owners are onsite, friendly and available to meet your needs. My one bedroom apartment was spacious and very clean. I enjoyed having a full kitchen so I could make meals if I chose. It is an older establishment and furnishings are dated but clean and comfortable. My king size bed was very very comfortable and that is important to me. I was in an upstairs room and out my door was a lovely view of the bay. I didn't have much time to bask in sun or watch the birds but could have in their chairs. It is an intimate setting in that rooms are all around you but the weekend I was there I had no problem with noise at all. Totally quiet at night. I felt safe staying alone. Someone else might feel that the older jalousie windows were not secure enough and the double-bolt on door did not line up so could not use it. I will stay there again as it was just right for my needs and I overheard people staying there that come back time and time again. Across the street an awesome big white sandy beach.

Room Tip: If you don't want to lug luggage up concrete steps like twenty steps worth you might want someth...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank reelmind
waterdown
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Perfect pick for a quick getaway! All four stayed in unit 8. Spacious and clean. Friendly staff and anything that you need is avail. Good location across from beach (beach is BEAUTIFUL), 5 min drive to busy night life and shops. Can't say enough thank yous to Travis for his extended accommodations for our last day!

• Stayed April 2013
Campton, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I usually rent a condo on the beach through VRBO but I'm glad I decided to change it up a bit and try this hotel just across the boulevard. This small inn has a great pool with lots of cushioned lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas. My poolside room #4 was clean and had a decent sized ktichen area (hey...you're on vacation, lets not overthink the stove and fridge!) two queen beds- (one comfortable and one definitely not) and a bath with shower. There are two gas grills at the rear of the property which has more seating and sits on a canal.

The inn keeper was upfront that there would not be daily housekeeping service but fresh towels were available whenever needed by simply asking. The housekeeper did come to my room twice during my 7 night stay and refreshed my towels supply.

The trolley stop was 50 steps from my room, beach access is directly across the boulevard, tiki bars (Pinchers and the Outrigger) were within walking distance as well as a 1/2 mile walk south to CVS and Santini Plaza with the Tuesday farmers market and lots of good restaurant choices.

Met friendly guests from all over the world that were there for the same purpose as I was- rest, relax and enjoy the sunshine & beach after the longest winter ever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Tish's Travels
Murphys, California
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel was just too cool, especially for someone from the mountains in California. I would refer to it as a "boatel" because, as I recall, it had accommodations for personal boat docking. The inn is located at the end of a canal, where I saw three dolphins chase down their meal - I'd never been so close to dolphins (in the wild) before & it was an amazing experience - they were right there, a mere 10 to 15 feet away from where I was sitting! Even owners of neighboring homes came out into their backyards to watch the show.

The inn has a large swimming pool, which is located in front of the building, and is across the street, after a brief walk, from the Gulf. The inn was full when we arrived, without a reservation, with just one room left, ours. It was a bit tight, space-wise, but had a kitchen area and would have been perfect for someone looking for an efficiency - we were just looking for a room for the night near the ocean. Wow, did we get lucky - the entire stay was quite an experience and the staff was outstanding and extremely friendly. We could tell that they appreciated their location as much as their guests did!

We are planning to return to Florida this spring and will be driving from Ft Lauderdale to New Orleans, and then back again - we plan to stay at the Dolphin Inn either coming or going. Do consider this delightful inn - you can't beat the price, location, or ambience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple