“Fun!”
Review of Key West Express

Key West Express
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get away to Key West, America's Caribbean Paradise, aboard Key West Express, where getting there is half the fun! What are you waiting for? Climb aboard our sleek, clean, modern, air-conditioned high-speed ferries - Features sundecks, snack bar, cocktails, and big-screen TVs - and we'll have you there in just a few hours!
Tampa, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went with a group of friends for a b-day party. Overall the trip to and from were ok. The boat leaves very early in the morning so if you dont live close by you need to stay at a hotel (extra $ spent). Also I think the price was a little much, even though we found coupons, and pre paid. I did enjoy relaxing in the sun on the way and had a few mimosas. On the way back it was rainy so everyone bunched into the cabin where it was noisy. Ive never made the drive or flew in so i might try that next time.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank katie l

Manchester
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Well worth the cost”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I had wanted to go to key west since being a little boy.
So when I found this ferry I booked it.
It is expensive nearly $500 for 3 adults and 1 child but it beats the very long drive.
Efficient boarding and plenty of space on board and the 31/2 hours soon goes.
There is a firm called paradise porters at the ferry terminal at key west who will take your bags straight to your hotel for $10 per bag so take your biggest and share. It's also $10 to collect as well but it saves you carrying it all day !
On board they sell discount tickets for the trolley tours but they do not tell you where to board the tours or where the stops are. We reckon we could have gone the same deal anywhere on key west .
you have to check in early on your return day some 2 hours before the departure but they load the ferry in check in order
But there are some quaint places to drink and eat if you follow the dockside Kerry's on the right as you leave the ferry terminal
John Cavanagh 2013 8/10

1 Thank John C
Port Charlotte, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Makes Getting to Key West Easy”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A fast and hassle free way to get to Key West. Can be a bit expensive if you don't take advantage of sales, but worth it anyway. They provide parking which is very nice - we've used them several times now and buy tickets at reduced price in January for later in the year. Get there early so you can get in line to get good seats, not that there are bad ones; some just have better views and tables.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Ebobee
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fast way to get to Key West”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Boat was much bigger than I expected. Get there early if you want a table/ window seat. Plenty of seating overall. Drinks a little pricey. Decent selection of snacks/food. Played a movie each way... Action movies. Didn't seem to interest too many. A comedy would be much better

Pacifica, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“comfortable”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have never driven to Key West, but from my family, this is the best way to get there. We went down and back in the same day, which we will never do again. I'm not for sure what you do with your luggage while you are waiting to check in, and after you check out the next day, but doing it all in one day does not leave you enough time to see everything. Do not buy the hop on and off tour bus tickets on the ship. There are much better deals when you arrive. I agree with other folks about the tipping, but it seems everyone wants a tip these days. I only tip when people assist me. Not sure how they select the order to be boarded on the return, but that part could use some improvement.

Visited January 2013