“A great ride...”
Review of Key West Express

Key West Express
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get away to Key West, America's Caribbean Paradise, aboard Key West Express, where getting there is half the fun! What are you waiting for? Climb aboard our sleek, clean, modern, air-conditioned high-speed ferries - Features sundecks, snack bar, cocktails, and big-screen TVs - and we'll have you there in just a few hours!
Reviewed November 2, 2012

A charming way to get to Key West. Very clean ship. Experienced crew. It is a quick ride but for a day trip you have limited time in Key West. Next time we go we will make it an overnight to enjoy more of the local flare.

There are newer reviews for Key West Express

Reviewed November 1, 2012

yoo much rough water they go on days when they know it will be rough too many sick people No help from crew for people that were sick some were vomiyiyng on the gloor some fell down

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Thank you so much to the Key West Express staff and especially, Kathy, for notifying us that due to weather concerns, the boat would not be making the trip from Fort Myers Beach to Key West on Saturday, October 27. Although we were looking forward to returning to Fantasy Fest and having fun in Key West, we appreciated hearing from Kathy that due to weather concerns, the boat would not be making the trip. Kathy could not have been more professional or concerned about our safety and well-being and we appreciated her concern and thoughtfulness! We look forward to traveling on the Key West Express many times in the future and are comforted in knowing that the Key West Express staff is so devoted to customer safety and satisfation!

Don Shaver - Venice, Florida

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I am not a big fan of long car rides, so my sister and I decided to take the Key West Express for our trip for her birthday this last week. I read some of the reviews before my trip and was a little leery to say the least, however, there were no issues. It did take longer than anticipated though as they mentioned they were using a different boat and not all of the engines were running or hooked up. Both times we left early and still managed to take 4-4 1/2 hours. I can't believe that people take this for a day trip to Key West!! It was perfect as we stayed two nights and still had the whole day practically our last day there since boarding doesn't begin until 5:00 pm. One suggestion, for everyone. Even if you are don't have a sensitive stomach I would highly recommend taking Dramamine before you board. I took it both there and the way back and felt fine. Others however were not so fortunate. The trip back to Fort Myers was horrendous as far as the boat moving, so there were a lot of sick people.

4  Thank Tracey J
Reviewed October 25, 2012

If I can't drive there, I'm taking the ferry. The day starts early since you're expected to check in by 7:30 to 8:00. But the cruise is fast and comfortable. I can see where it would be a tougher ride if the ferry were full, because there isn't much room to store luggage. S extra seats get taken-up by bags stored on them or under them. But there are 3 decks of seating with 2 closed rooms to keep out the elements. The top deck is great for sun and views as you leave Fort Myers Beach and again as you approach Key West.

We saw a small group of dolphins jumping in our wake as we left FMB. Then, after taking in the sites along the beach, we went inside and had coffee. There are drinks and snacks available and the prices were not bad. The cost of the ferry was a little high, since it cost almost 200 bucks for two of us to go one-way.

The ferry arrives in/near the marina, right across from the side entrance to Dante's, so all the convenience of getting to the heart of things in Key West when arriving by boat is not lost when taking the ferry. There were plenty of taxi's, etc. when we arrived in Key West, but you're right in the marina, so there's plenty to see and do right there.

The ride is comfortable and they played some movie once we got under way. Since there were tables in the area where we sat, I was able to do some work on the computer. I didn;t notice any outlets to plug-in. Maybe they're there and I just missed them.

In spite of the cost and missing all the awesome stops along the overseas highway, the ferry is a great way to get from FMB to Key West.

1  Thank coupleofarubans