“Dog had a blast”
Review of Dog Beach

Dog Beach
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We have taken our mini golden doodle Oliver here two days in a row now and he loves it. Most the dogs were very friendly and he enjoyed playing with them. There were quite a few dogs on the weekend however and i followed my pup around just to be safe! Oliver is napping now he's worn out from the beach! We will definitely be going back soon!

1  Thank Patrick M

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Too many people here are posting reviews for Bonita Beach which is a TOTALLY separate entity than the Bonita Dog Beach. While Bonita Beach is nice as many people's reviews reflect... The Bonita Dog Beach is an unattended mix of (mostly) absent minded dog owners, who seem to think that their can run free with no supervision whatsoever. Don't plan on bringing any food with you unless you intend on holding the bag the entire time. If you put it on the ground to go off and play with your dog, it will surely either be rummaged through by several dogs or peed on by several dogs as other people have pointed out. Although we've gone on several occasions, one of my dogs became very sick after going there one time. She ended up in the er vet after vomiting yellow foam and blood. She was having kidney failure or something. She got through it though. The vet informed us that the dog beach is loaded with nasty bacteria because of the dogs peeing and poo'ing in the water and on just about every inch of sand there. (WEAR SANDALS AT ALL TIMES).... Also, many dog owners DO NOT pick up after their dogs there. We always brought our own poo bags because the one or two complimentary stations were empty. However, many people would not and would just leave mounds of dog poo all over the place. It was a fun place until we found out just how nasty it was. The novelty wore off after a few visits. Better to just go to the dog park. At least the big dogs are separate form the little dogs.

3  Thank drinxx
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My dog loves it here. Sometimes it's a little crowded but everyone is usually very friendly. If you're going here, expect wet dogs everywhere and get ready to play!

2  Thank Monica J
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We took both our German Wirehair and Yorkie. Both loved to run around freely. I was worried about my little one because there were larger dogs and the owners seem to be to busy socializing then paying attention. Within minutes of being there my bag was peed on not just once but 3 times. Three days later my German Wirehair started acting strange. She stopped eating, drinking, and was lifeless. We took her to the vet and she had a bacterial infection most likely from the dog beach. The vet advised not to bring your dog there. She is know on antibiotics and $175.00 later. THANK YOU Bonita Beach Dog Park!

4  Thank lhoppe419
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

my dog did love running off leash but I was very worried about the other dogs some people did not control their dogs at all and some were very aggressive but all in all the dogs were friendly and it was a good experience to run and jump off leash in the water and roll around in the sandI didn't like walking through the mangroves to get to the beach part I had to step over a lot of the Dead looking jellyfish