All reviews beach chairs across the street short walk efficiency room queen bed beach side mini fridge within walking distance full kitchen spring break washer and dryer umbrellas kitchenette sink ft stove florida
Reviewed July 19, 2017

We enjoyed our stay . Looking forward to coming back in October. Staff was friendly and helpful . Beach was beautiful and sunsets were breathtaking. Publix is down the street so if you stick up you never have to leave the beach

Room tip: Enjoy and relax bring groceries .
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bettina K, General Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

we are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. And we are also looking forward to see you again in October!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

After seeing the response to my wife that the room was fine I thought I'd add the pictures I took. These are not mosquitos but sand flies, they bite and were all over the room. I also have video if you'd like it. We pulled one of the extra pillows out of the closet and there was hair all over it. The extremely small television was stuck on the menu screen and couldn't be changed. We agree a resort is better than a 2 star hotel but shouldn't the room be bug free and the pillows hair free? Exactly where is the cutoff for bugs? I'm guessing 3 stars

2  Thank Tab B
Bettina K, General Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Thank you very much that you too took the time to review your recent experience with us. I can once again assure you that I have inspected the room with my housekeeping team and we found no bugs or dirty pillow or pillow covers in the room. The TV has the appropriate size for that size room (smallest and therefore cheapest room category) and it was working perfectly fine.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

I saw this hotel on Booking.com as one of their recommended "deal of the day" offers. The price was reasonable so 3 groups of us that traveled together booked rooms. To say the least, you get what you pay for, or less. My friend arrived before us and called to inform us to change hotels immediately because her room was so disgusting. I saw her room and it was pretty bad and very dirty. The hallway stunk, the carpet was dirty and someone left a vacuum sitting out for guests to trip over. I opted to still check in due to the fact that we were getting a different style room and not in the hall. We check in, drop our stuff off and hit the road to meet up with friends. When we got back that evening we pulled the covers open to see sand flies in our bed, and several around our room. Since my pillow had an off white tint to it I decided to grab a spare pillow from the closet. That was a huge mistake as it was covered in hair! (GROSS). I ended up calling the Diamondhead sobbing and they were able to get us a room. I promptly grabbed my stuff and dropped the keys off with a note in the overnight box. The next morning my husband called and spoke with a gentleman who canceled our stay and refunded us. He was polite and apologized and informed us that they have a new cleaning crew and asked that we send the photos we took. I would have given this more stars because he was so kind...EXCEPT...when the third party arrived I had already encouraged her to cancel. She called and expressed her concerns to the general manager who told my friend that she checked the rooms after the first two complaints and they were fine. I'm not sure how bug and hair covered was fine, we took the pictures to prove it. Kudos to the gentleman that works there for resolving this for us and being so nice and understanding, and shame on the "general manager" for not checking the rooms, or just not caring. I didn't care for the conversation I listened to where she told my friend the rooms were fine as I'm not a liar. Don't book here. It's better to spend the little extra to be directly on the beach and sleep in a clean room. Also in their paperwork it states they change the sheets only once a week. I change them more than that at home during the summer months.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank kathleen5237
Bettina K, General Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Dear Kathleen,

once again we apologize that you were not happy with the accommodations. As I said, I myself inspected the room you were unsatisfied with. The pillows itself had no stains or off white color and the covers were actually brand you. You have been explained that we have a new cleaning crew and they came in with brand new linens for every room. Also there were no sand fleas in the sheets or the room. In the evening we have mosquitos by the outside lights. That unfortunately is something we can't avoid.
However we did refund the full amount immediately. And the friend of yours that I talked to wasn't willing to even come on the property, even though we gave her a free upgrade and once again I have inspected the room myself prior to her arrival. We broke the policy and refunded the deposit to her card anyways.

For the future I will recommend to do the research on your accommodations as by far the 5 star beach front resort Diamondhead can not be compared to a 2 star Hotel.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Very friendly staff. The office is very clean and recently remodel, but the buildings, rooms, landscaping do not look been well taken care of. Nice location with great potential for improvements.
Thanks

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bettina K, General Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2017

Thank you very much for you review. We are happy to tell you that most of our rooms are already remodeled with beautiful travertine tile and outstanding furnishing. We price our not yet remodeled rooms lower to avoid confusion.
You may have seen the pavers on pallets outside, so we are planning on making the outside look just as nice as the inside :)

Reviewed June 15, 2017

This is a great property for the price. The rooms are small, but very well maintained and very clean. I would describe the room as cozy, a warm feeling about them. The walk to the beach is probably only about 150 feet. The staff was absolutely lovely. I would definitely recommend this for an inexpensive couples get away.

Room tip: We had the standard king. Again, the room is only the cozy side but had all that we needed. There was a fridge and a microwave. Ladies the bathroom is small. I'd advise bringing a makeup mirror and do your makeup at the small table. If you travel with a great deal of "stuff" this room is probably not for you.
Date of stay: June 2017
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bettina K, General Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay.