“Great Experience on the beach”

Gulfview Manor Resort
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed April 11, 2007

The online photos do not do justice to this resort. We just returned home from a very relaxing vacation spent at GulfView Manor on Ft Myers beach. Our trip was a last-minute decision and we were very pleased that we were able to get reservations during Spring Break time. This resort is family oriented and this end of the island is far away from all of the college age kids there for Spring Break. We were treated very well by the owners and are definately considering returning again next year. Each unit is an apartment with kitchen, dining area, living room area, large bedroom and screened in porch. The kitchen was well equiped with a full size fridge, stove, microwave, disposal, toaster, coffee maker, blender and juicer. There is a washer/dryer and ironing board available on the premises. Our apartment was huge; the view of the beach and ocean spectacular. The beach area at this part of the island is quite large. I would definately recommend investing in a cabana on the beach for the duration of your stay.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank duchessmom910

Reviewed March 28, 2007

We had a marvelous time at the Gulfview Manor. The condo was spotless and very roomy. We left the sliding glass door open to enjoy the sound of the gulf. Relaxed on the porch to a beautiful beach view. The property is right on the beach with sugar white sand - cleaned every morning.

The staff was very friendly, helpful, and responsive. We asked for a better corkscrew and one was delivered in minutes. A mixer didn't work and a new one was delivered while we were out. We were offered beach towels on loan and lots of local information. I was pleasantly surprised to find our room had wireless internet, which worked beautifully. They kitchen was fairly well stocked with dishes, pots, pans, cutlery.

They also had a DVD/VHS player available on loan as well. Had to go to the laundry room for ironing board access due to the manager's having prior guests burn holes in the bedspreads. They are planning additional services to upgrade the star rating - more parking and a restaurant. I just hope it doesn't increase the price too much or make too popular - we want to return! The rooms are private and quiet - racial/ethnic diversity was welcomed. We saw families and couples - most had stayed multiple times.

Some info: We were there over spring break. The property is on the quiet end of the beach but traffic over the causeway bridge can be awful, especially morning and evening. Best to go the long way around on Bonita Beach Road and save the time and frustration.

Suggestions for improvement: Iron and ironing boards in the rooms, a decent corkscrew, curtains in the bedroom for more privacy (they have vertical blinds, but curtains would be a nice addition.)

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TexasTallgal
Reviewed March 24, 2007

This was the worst experience we have ever had with a vacation property. We have traveled all over the world and have never felt so un-welcome as we did here. We did not personally make the reservation (a family member reserved it for us), so we were not aware of the check out time. At 10 AM, there was tremendous non-stop beating on the door and the manager telling my teenage daughter that we have to be out now and that we need to "step it up and get out" as the unit was rented for that day. I was at the grocery store at this time, and returned to find my family in the parking lot, luggage in hand, waiting to go home. I was not even able to go up and check for things left behind. I understand that there is a check out time, but the manner in which this man treated my daughter was completely unprofessional. No matter what kind of deal they offer is worth dealing with that type of disrespect and unprofessionalism. I would not waste a penny to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank iflyitall
Facilities_Manager, Facilities Manager at Gulfview Manor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2007

I'm responding to these comments because I feel that the whole truth should be known. That the comments made were in retaliation. The gentleman that wrote this review invited his family (another couple) to spend the day with them. We gave him permission to do so. After his guest had been here several hours, our guest came to the office requesting an additional apartment for his guests because they were to intoxicated to drive home. It was only because he was all ready our guest that we allowed this stay (we have a three night minimum). In the course of the rest of the day, several more "friends" arrived and had parked off of our property and stayed in the additional apartment. At 2AM, we called the Sheriff's Dept do to unruly people. The Sheriff arrived around 3AM. The above mentioned persons finally had gone to bed. We decided to remove them in the morning to prevent further disturbances. At 9:30 AM we attempted to awake them by phone without success. I had to pound on the door several times to get them to answer the door. At that time, I gave them until 10AM (our normal checkout time) to vacate the premises. Approximately 5-6 persons vacated the one bedroom apartment. We were cheered by other guests. It's stated on our sign-in sheets that no loud noise our loud parties will be tolerated.

Ken Dixon
Gulfview Manor
Facilities Manager

Reviewed February 26, 2007

Just returned from a short (too short) get away weekend at Gulf View Manor. The accomodations were suprisingly nice, since I had read a review that was not so favorable. One reason I chose it was that all the other hotels were quite a bit more expensive and didn't have as much room. When my husband and I arrived we were greeted by the Ken, who gave us all the property information as well as suggestions for nearby restaurants, golf and sightseeing. Public golf course and boat rentals are practically across the street. Beach is private, quiet and right outside the door. We are not strangers to the Fort Myers Beach area but this smaller hotel is somewhat hidden away from the street and unless you are looking for it, you will pass it by. We were delighted that the unit had everything we could possibly need for our stay and the only thing we had to bring was food if we wanted to cook. We didn't do much cooking, but one night we did utilize one of the gas grills provided outside near the pool to cook a couple of steaks. We took the steaks back to our apartment and ate on the screened balcony and watched the sun set. The sunsets are absolutely spectacular and if you don't want to walk out to the beach (which was directly in front of the balcony) you don't have to. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful and before we left we booked another unit for a full week in April. After I arrived home, I decided to book another unit and take our adult children on a week's vacation at the same time. Good things do come in small packages ........... Don't pass this one up.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RiskManager
Reviewed January 3, 2007

We spent a great week there. The apartment are very big and they had all new furniture and bedding. They also have very nice beach towels, free wireless internet, gas grills, and offer their own cabanas for the beach. The swimming pool is heated with brand new pool furniture. They have the largest beach I've every been on. White soft sand. The staff was the best. The manager helped me setup my computer to use the internet. They use some type of security and I didn't know how to set it up myself. I highly recommend this place. We really felt very welcome.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2006

After driving over 20 hours to Florida and checking in at Gulfview, we were awaken at 8 am by construction. We let it go day 1, but then when it continued day 2, and on day 3 when we woke up to a chain saw under our room. we finally complained. My family are all earlier risers; however, while on vacation we would like to wake up naturally and not by power tools. My husband immediately called the front desk and their response was "We are getting ready for hurricane season and have a legal right to begin work at 7 a.m." We were not offered a room away from the construction...in fact we were offered no compensation whatsoever. We began packing so we could leave immediately before check out that day so we wouldn't have to pay. When I arrived in the office, I was told they would not prorate our days according to the weekly price, but we would be charged the daily rate. I also noticed on the bill an additional $10.00 a day charge for my daughter (age 13). I was not informed of this cost when I made my reservations. I was told that it was on my confirmation letter, which I did not receive via mail or snail mail. They would not budge on the cost and charged us a daily rate including the $10/day fee. They did state they hate to see their customers unhappy as I stood there in tears, but yet they did nothing about it. Our trip to Florida (which was to visit family) was cut short. We left and drove to Myrtle Beach and had a great time! Gulfview Manor Resort is not a resort. It is apartments with towel service only once a week, no maid service, and you must ask for toilet paper. There is only one TV (in the living room) and the beds were the worst I have ever slept on. We were better off sleeping on the floor. I will never return.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank Hurricanejody
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 6, 2006

Let me start off by saying that my husband and I are in our 40's and own our own buisness. We don't take vacations often but we do always stay on Ft. Myers Beach for the 4th of July. (We had no children with us). Although the rooms at Gulf View Manor were clean and it was quite roomy we were not happy with the fact that the bedroom had no TV in it. There was no toilet paper and only two tiny chairs on the balcony. Very uncomfortable chairs and no table. The king size bed was a total joke! It was two twins pushed together so when you slept you would wake up falling in the crack!!! The manager watched everyone like a hawk. We felt like he was hovering over us the entire stay. He came to the pool on several occasions to make sure no one was using the room towels. Informed us that if anyone smoked you must make sure the sliding door was completely closed. When a person pulled in the parking lot the manager would run out the door and yell "Are you a guest here"? He made us and other guests very uncomfortable. People were joking at the pool when he would make his rounds "I wonder what we did now". We should have known better when it was the only place available at the beach. Now we know why it was empty. We will never stay there or recommend it to anyone. It was a terrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2006