“Best Vacation Stay”

Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Coldwater, Ohio, United States
“Best Vacation Stay”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My children and I just got back from here and I had to write a review! Ken and Julie were so helpful and super not only with our stay but my boys liked how friendly they were too. The room was spotless and close to the beach. Very spacious and had everything we needed for our stay. It was far enough from the heavy party scene on the beach that we were able to relax and enjoy our quiet time with out being crowded or noisy. We will be staying here without a doubt on our next trip to Ft Meyers. Cannot say enough about this place. Also, it is very affordable for a family! Gives you plenty of extra funds to enjoy all the many area attractions! I would recommend this place to anyone that is planning on a vacation to Ft Meyers! Thanks again to all the staff at Gulfview Manor!

Room Tip: If you want a balcony room that over looks the beach, you will have to get a 1 bedroom apartment. Th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We as a group have been going to Gulf view Manor for at least 20 years for this past weekend.We get a one bedroom apt. They are always very clean and everything works.The beach is beautiful the pool is in very good condition and the landscaping ii also attractive. Overall we always have a great time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank John B
Hobe Sound, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This property is a great value if you are willing to sacrifice customer service. They make you feel like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay there. It's not that they are extraordinarily rude but they are certainly not nice. Their elevator was broken when we arrived so we had to make a few trips up 4 flights of stairs. No big deal for us but an apology upon check in or at least a head up would have been nice. An older couple had been sitting near the elevator waiting for a repairman so they could check in to their room. We offered to help them with their luggage ( another couple trips up 3 flights) and found out they had been waiting for almost 45 minutes and the office manager just said " we called a repairman, I don't know what you want me to do." Our entire stay was like that. They did the bare minimum and expected you to thank them. Not the way to ensure repeat guests. But if you don't mind the rudeness, or at least know what to expect, it's a good price, nice room, beautiful view. They simply don't care.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank StefaniLeo
Byron, Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Gulfview Manor has everything one needs for a wonderful vacation experience! Pristine beaches - nicer than any other along the coast of Fort Myers Beach, shopping and dining within walking distance, spacious apartments that are comfortable and CLEAN, a fun pool that is crystal clean ~ just what we were looking for. My husband & I stayed one week last year and two weeks this year and we have reserved our apartment there for this coming winter already. The management is always ready to assist, even in ways not to be expected. The grounds are neatly kept and we found the rest and relaxation we had been looking for. This is our vacation destination spot for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane C
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I came here for our Wedding Anniversary!! This our second stay here, the first being in July of 2011. Never a disappoint,,, It's very quite and relaxing, the people that run the establishment are friendly and will go out of there way to accommodate you..The apartments are spacious, very clean, and kept up to date. The grounds are very clean , as well as the beach right behind the property, the pool is also well maintained and very refreshing..There is not anything that wasn't perfect about the Gulfview Manor!! This will definitely be our Anniversary destination spot each year!!!

Room Tip: Always ask for a gulf front room-- the view is spectular...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I think I've been there 5 or 6X now. I will say right up front they do have a few rules. Some folks think they are a little strict, I think it keeps out the trouble makers. Thats ok by me, If your 20 somethings that want to raise hell and make noise all nite this place is NOT for you. Which is FINE BY ME! Its quiet, relaxed, clean, and well equipted. And they have made some improvements to the property the last few years. I will say pick up a bag of ice on the way if you plan on cocktails right after you arrive. The ice maker works fine, but you really wont have much ice till the next day. The only thing I dont like is the "hot" water... never had much. I understand they have solar heated water, but ever after pressing the "black button" (go there you'll know what I mean) I never had a real hot shower. A minor inconvience compared to the nice balconies and good sized front room. They are picky about their beach towels, I dont know if someone was stealing them at one time or what. The balconies are screened so there not many bug issues, but may impeed your view? 2 flatscreens, ample closet space, did I mention the more stays you stay you get a discount? The mattress is comfortable for me, good lighting kitchen and bath.

Room Tip: We always take a gulf view room 5/6th floor. Great view !!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I traveled to FMB for the first time and chose to stay at the Gulfview Manor because of the location.

The location is absolutely ideal and, though we experienced a few inconveniences in terms of overall hospitality, made it worth the trouble. We got a gulf-front view room which I would highly recommend so you can have an uninterrupted view of the ocean. One of our favorite things was walking on the beach at night and dipping our toes in the warm water.

The beach itself is incredible, quiet and just outside the door. The ocean water was very warm and we saw a dolphin come right up to the shoreline and eat a fish - it was incredible and so much fun. In the late afternoon, the tide goes way out and makes it uncomfortable to wade, so we would go jump in the swimming pool which is warm, clean and quiet. The sunsets are spectacular from this area of the beach.

This side of the island (south) and the Gulfview Manor Resort especially seemed to attract a quieter group of people so we were really able to enjoy ourselves.

The downsides are that they do not provide shampoo or coffee, so you have to go buy these things from the 711 down the street.

When we booked the room, we were told on more than one occasion that we would have a rollaway in our room waiting for us; we were really disappointed to find that there was no rollaway in our room when we arrived really late and were exhausted - one of us ended up having to sleep on the floor for two nights.

When we called in the morning to ask why there wasn't a rollaway or any essentials - like shampoo or coffee - we were told that they didn't have any rollaways and that if we were unhappy, we could leave if we wanted to. Though they offered us a refund, I found this to be especially offensive because they had called us themselves and confirmed with us ahead of time that there would be a rollaway. They tried to make it up to us in the morning with a big thing of coffee and some coffee filters, and a cabana rental for our full trip, which was a nice gesture.

The room was clean, but the dishes were slightly dirty - guests have to wash their own dishes before they leave, and some people do a better job than others. The pullout was thin and uncomfortable for one average-sized adult, and very noisy due to the protective cover on the mattress.

Wireless was spotty and the television was difficult to work sometimes.

However, like I said, we were there to vacation and enjoy the beach, and the peace and quiet you get as well as the beach-front location and the warm pool, for the price, is a good value. I would recommend it to other travelers wanting to stay on FMB.

Room Tip: If you have four people who can share two beds, get a gulf-front view room! You don't have to wo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family