“INTERESTING TRIP”
Review of Gulf Motel

Gulf Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Gulf Motel
Ranked #46 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We just stayed at the Gulf Motel. We had a nice visit. The room we stayed in was very old but it was definately clean. I have to say... the hospitality showed to us by Paula & Al was incredible. They were so gracious. We have never met anyone that was so friendly and worked so hard to make our stay nice. It is definately an old motel but the people were wonderful!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunshine7Ft_Myers

Reviewed January 18, 2010

As I read some of these reviews, it is quite clear that some have forgotten what a beach vacation is all about. Anyone can stay in a high rise hotel in any city at anytime. My feeling is that when you come to a beautiful island setting such as this, the closer to the beach, the atmosphere, and the wonderful people, the better.
I have stayed here a couple of times and the rooms have always been great. There is no more convenient of a location. Times Square is within walking distance if you would like to party. The beach is a 50 yard walk if that. The surrounding area is just gorgeous. I have vacationed at many beaches, but I will be returning to this area for life.
All of this would be enough, but when you factor in the wonderful managers (Allen and Paula) it quickly becomes a no-brainer. Through my travels I have not come across two individuals who care so much about their residents. They go above and beyond to ensure that you enjoy your stay. It is evident that they really care and take pride in this establishment. This attitude rubs off on all who stay here....it is impossible to find a frown.
I have never posted comments before. Since this is such a jewel, I felt compelled do so, so that other beach lovers can experience what I have.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank HoosierDave
Reviewed September 30, 2009

What a wonderful weekend. The Managers at the Gulf Motel were awesome! Friendly, helpful, even watched over my girlfriend's dog while we were out. The pool was great to hang out at for the afternoon. Rooms were spacious and clean, with everything you need. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank mobooleo
Reviewed July 26, 2009

What happened to the place? We had been here before, and thought it was not bad for the money. But after returning to find that the place had once again changed owners or management, and our room had a bad smell, along with the nastiest cook ware.Not to mention the noise around the pool area. Do yourself a favor, stay else ware, I know we will!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank DetroitWingedone
Reviewed June 10, 2009

To start with, the bad reviews of the Gulf Motel are either from folks that stayed there more than 6 months ago before the new management or folks that are used to 4 star and up hotels. It is a quaint little motel real close to everything there is to see on Fort Myers Beach. My room was very clean and so was the pool. The management, Allan and Paula went above and beyond to make sure that everyone had a great time as well as everything they needed to be comfortable. I have already recomended this motel to family as they are on a budget and need a nice getaway. When you contact the Gulf Motel be sure to tell them Brick said hello.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank BrickDenver
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We stayed here for Memorial Day weekend and needed a place to keep our jet ski on a trailer. The managers were more than accomodating! The efficiency was perfect for us, as we did not want to eat out every meal. The kitchen was well-stocked; room was clean. Our room had a slight view of the gulf and a cute wood deck in front with grills available and poolside seating. The gulf is only steps away with beautiful views. Don't let the previous poor reviews discourage your stay here. The new managers have been here for 4 weeks and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! It's also the most affordable place on the beach we could find! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank 1229cheese
Reviewed August 2, 2006

This place is terrible, bugs and the entire place was dirty. The lights don't work and shower dribbled water out. There is no one there to help if you do need something. The Manager of the place is no where to be found. I would rather had a sleeping bag on the beach than to stay here.

Take my advice and don't stay at this place.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank scubatraveler02