“Should have obeyed my instincts to eat at the nearby McDonald's instead!”
Review of Gulfshore Grill

Gulfshore Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gulfshore Grill - A Historical Restaurant on Ft. Myers Beach with Fantastic Views of the Gulf of Mexico from every table! A locals favorite for 40 years. Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Panoramic Views of Southwest Florida’s Gulf of Mexico. 70 items Salad Bar. We have the freshest Seafood on the Island with Oysters On The Half Shell, Steamed Mussels, Garlic Crab Claws, Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Crab Cakes, Florida Grouper are just to name a few. Book your next Special Event with us! Beach Weddings ~ Receptions ~ Business Meetings ~ Club Meetings ~ Birthdays ~ Reunions ~ Ladies Luncheons or any Special Event. You may sit inside or outside at anyone of our three dining areas, all with a million dollar view of the Gulf of Mexico!
Reviewed September 22, 2010

There was ONLY 1 nice thing about this place and that was the front row view of the beach and ocean. The restaurant was open to the outside so you could feel a nice sea breeze and the view was nice.

Now for ALL the bad!
>>> Poor customer service...... the waitress took so long between all the trips to our table, that we were about ready to walk right back out! The more we sat there wanting to move on with our day (we came for lunch and thought it shouldn't take more than 45 min) to hit the nearby beach, the stronger the feeling to just walk out. To top it off, we had 2 very young children and anyone should know, you DON'T keep children waiting to eat!!
We were sorely tempted to just walk out while our food order was taking at least 20-30 min to come and just go to McD's instead.

>>>> Terrible value!........ Okay, I know...... many times you pay for the location and experience......................BUT, there is no excuse for giving lousy food for inflated prices. They could do much better than that. Because we (like most people especially with tough economical times) were on a tight budget and can allow for a little room in the pocket for at least one decent meal out. But this was stretching it! I ended up foregoing ordering anything for me and just ordered 2 items from the kiddie menu for my 2 kids thinking to share with them. My hubby as it turns out, ordered the same burger as they got, only theirs was a fraction of the cost thanks to theirs being off the "kid's menu"! Something very wrong with that picture!!! So with all of them getting about the same size burger, we might have saved some $$ had my hubby ordered from the kids menu!

>>>> Poor food taste....... The 3 burgers we ordered that came with a side of fries were dry and nothing to hoo-ha about. Typical. Bland. Nothing special. Overpriced.

Didn't order any drinks; just had water. Our bill came out to be over $20. for 1 adult burger and 2 kid burgers. I personally thought that was just a ridiculous price to pay even for the view on the beach. :(

I'm guessing the bar at the bottom may be worth a trip but that's it!

Won't be back. And certainly hope this place either closes down or changes hands and wises up if they read all the bad complaints about the service and price especially.

1  Thank seksy

Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for 30+ years, usually once a month. However, our last three experiences have been so disappointing, we will look for another restaurant. We have always love the beach quaitness of the place and the fabulous views, but the food has become so disappointing we can't stand to remain silent any longer. In December,we took a visiting couple to brunch there. They had fish tacos which they said were OK," and my husband had steak and eggs, and he said the steak was "tough." My eggs Alaskan was quite good. The biggest shock was when we presented a valid $5 off coupon, we were told that since the restaurant was under new management, they could not accept it!!

We went back again as I do love the eggs Alaskan, but my husband's omelet was dry.
Finally, we returned for a class reunion that was being held on the beach. Our "calamari" was horrible, my husband's entree was again most disappointing, and my grouper sandwich did not taste fresh. We will not be back.

1  Thank SavannahLilianna
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I have been here many times the food is good and i would consider myself semi local to the ft. Myers beach area. My only problem with Gulf shore is that the food is overpriced and the wait staff takes FOREVER doing everything...but guess what i keep going back 10 years in a row...the food is mucho great!

Reviewed May 26, 2010

Lets start with the good...
You can get really good seats with really cool views of the ocean. You can sit indoors, or outdoors in open air. It's really cool to eat while you watch all the pretty people play on the beach.

The bad...
The service was horrible. The waitress forgot about us for about 20 minutes. When she realized it, she apologized, said she was a horrible waitress, and took our order. The food took about 25 minutes. When the cook who delivered it asked if I needed anything else, I asked for water. He told me I had to get that from the waitress, and I told him she hadn't even walked by us since she took our order. So, he got my water, and we ate.
We finished our entire meal without once even seeing our waitress in the area after she took our order.
But she showed up to bring the bill, and by god, she was there within 15 seconds after I set it back down to collect the money. She apparently thinks tips magically appear, and they don't need to be earned.
To be clear, this was about 2 in the afternoon and the place was absolutely not busy - there were maybe 6 other tables with people eating, and it seemed like there were at least as many waitresses.

The food itself was just ok, nothing spectacular. The fish tacos were surprisingly small.

The bottom line - the service is about as bad as it gets. Go here if you want to have some drinks while watching the people and other sights of the beach.
Do not go here if you have any expectation of being waited on properly.

1  Thank philforthenewworld
Reviewed May 12, 2010

From the appetiser to the main coaurse, was prepared nicely and the service was great !! AND the atmosphere was top drawer !!!