“eat outside not inside and you'll love it!!!”
Review of Gulfshore Grill

Gulfshore Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gulfshore Grill - A Historical Restaurant on Ft. Myers Beach with Fantastic Views of the Gulf of Mexico from every table! A locals favorite for 40 years. Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Panoramic Views of Southwest Florida’s Gulf of Mexico. 70 items Salad Bar. We have the freshest Seafood on the Island with Oysters On The Half Shell, Steamed Mussels, Garlic Crab Claws, Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Crab Cakes, Florida Grouper are just to name a few. Book your next Special Event with us! Beach Weddings ~ Receptions ~ Business Meetings ~ Club Meetings ~ Birthdays ~ Reunions ~ Ladies Luncheons or any Special Event. You may sit inside or outside at anyone of our three dining areas, all with a million dollar view of the Gulf of Mexico!
chicago
“eat outside not inside and you'll love it!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2008

Gulf Shore Grill outside is a fantastic beach bar/ grill right on the beach ..it's excellent ...skip going inside to the Cottage which is more upscale but dark and a "miss". The outside grill is beautiful overlooking the ocean and the food wonderful. This is a favorite repeat hot spot every year. The deep fried bacon wrap shrimp with maple honey dipping sauce is wonderful and so is the grouper. The pina colada with dark rum topper is the best on the beach and at night, this place is hopping. It's just a laid back beach bar at best but the food is worth the trip. Do not confuse it with the Cottage which is inside and dull!! Stick to the outside grill and you won't be disappointed!

Ohio
“Best on the Beach for Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed March 1, 2008

I have been going to Fort Myers Beach for the past five years. Sunday morning would not be complete without breakfast/bunch at the Gulfshore Grill. The servers are wonderfully friendly and the view of the beach is outstanding. My favorite are their omlettes which can be made with Eggbeaters. One has a choice of many yummy items to put in the omlettes. The fruit plates are fresh and tasty and a pot of coffee is put on the table so there's no waiting or cup waving for a refill. Someone complained that there were mostly older people eating there. For me, that because older people realize the good food and value. It certainly beats eating with a bunch of families with unrully kids. Parking is very crowded--so get there early if you don't want to use valet parking. Can't wait for my visit next year.

1 Thank OhioClovergirl
The South
“A meal with a beautiful view”
Reviewed September 18, 2007

We had dinner on a Tuesday night in September. We really wanted seafood so we saw the sign and building tucked away in between 2 other shops. We walked up and was not really blown away-it looked a little shady with a bar to the right and some underground bar to the left. The menu did not offer a variety of seafood (ie. pasta dish w/ seafood) but if it's fish, shrimp and steak you want they do have it. I settled on a Blackend trio platter with grouper, mahi mai & salmon (i think), garlic mashed potatos and clam chowder soup; my wife had the salmon and potatos; my son had a grill cheese and fries-they do bring out some bread while waiting which was very good and the wait for the entree was only 15 minutes. We thought the food was very good but the view is amazing and that is what you are paying for-we spent with tip $60-our server was probably 17 years old but he suggested the blackend fish and it was excellent. There is nothing fancy about the place-it appeared very clean- I would consider going back again but the menu is very limited and it took long enough for me to pick that selection out.

US
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 21, 2007

We ate at this restaurant the second week of May (2007) as it looked nice from the outside and we knew it had a great view of the ocean, pier and sunset.

Although the view didn't disappoint (we got to see the sunset and dolphins playing in the water) the food was really disappointing.

I had the Ceasar Grouper wrap ($14). In my opinion, it contained little more than "bagged" ceasar salad with one or two tiny pieces of grouper. My husband had a seafood platter (can't remember which one) but it had scampi and scallops and there couldn't have been more than 6 shrimp and 6 scallops. The seafood was over cooked and chewy in our opinion. My kids ordered the "kids meals" (cheeseburger and fried shrimp basket). The cheeseburger was burned so badly you couldn't take a bite (it was too hard) and the fried shrimp was the best of all the meals, but 6 pieces of shrimp and a basket of fries wasn't worth the $10 for a kid's meal.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any issue with paying for quality food. I know $80 isn't a lot to charge - However, in my opinion $80 (for the quality of food we received) with out any alcoholic beverages - was too just too pricey.

I would recommend this place to sit and have drinks, maybe even appetizers - the view is really nice and behind windows - air conditioned - perfect if you spent the day outside in the sun.

However, in my opinion, the food didn't live up to my expectations and wasn't worth the price.

3 Thank jdicke88
Missouri
“A dive with a nice view.”
Reviewed August 25, 2006

We stopped by the Gulf Shore Grill for lunch in August. The place looked really cool from the street and had a nice view of the gulf. When we sat down inside I felt the atmosphere was pretty "trashy".

We sat in the Cottage portion of the restaurant and we were not impressed. The menu bragged up their "Beach Bread" so I thought I'd try their supposed specialty appetizer. The bread was awful...it was like a soggy version of bruschetta.

I ordered a hamburger figuring that would be a safe bet...the hamburger bun was stale. I was not too upset with my lunch considering the prices were reasonable. The food is edible if you are starving.

If the opportunity arises to have lunch in Ft. Myers again, I will try someplace else.