“Country Crock”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 22, 2013

What started as a good piece of fish was cooked fort myers style, which is my new term for bland dry and over cooked. I have gotten this at every restaurant on the beach and assume the older folks demand it. No sense trying to find anywhere better in fmb. The coconut shrimp were tasty super sweet and served with a thick curry sauce instead of a typical pineapple chutney. The potato came with country crock. That would be okay for a $8 dinner. Its a travesty at $20. The atmosphere was fun and the wait staff had a pleasant attitude at least.
As is typical in seafood restaurants you don't get bread or salad with dinner but you do get two sides counting hush puppies. The sweet potato fries were a solid choice. Nice big coke glass was a bonus. Typical choice of drafts plus a key west and the budwieser red they always label as a house beer. A few more bottles were available.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our friends recommended the Fish House, and took us there for lunch. Quite good. I had the crispy grouper sandwich. It was great and so were the fries, my husband had the lobster tacos which he said were very good also. Our friends had one of the salads with tuna and they said the tuna was excellent and it was a nice sized piece you would expect to get as a main course. All in all we had a great dAy, we were lucky though to get there early probably 12:15 got a parking place right in front ( which as I've heard is not easy to get) and had a lovely table on the canal. Will go again if we get back in the area.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have eaten at The Fish House many times and are always satisfied. The restaurant sits on the dock area next to a canal, with great views. Very friendly and experienced staff. Makes it an enjoyable meal. Inexpensive Rum Runners

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant during a trip to Ft. Meyer's Beach. A little date night for my husband and I. What a great restaurant. I had coconut shrimp that was nice and big with some tasty dipping sauce. Some of the best that I've ever had. My husband had a combination basket and said that it was wonderful. Also had the jalepeno shrimp poppers for an appetizer and they were very good. The atmosphere is fun, the service was fast and the prices were what we expected We will go back when we are in the area next time.

1  Thank Betsy H
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a real fish house and the seafood is good. It is a little costly but the I enjoyed the ambiance and the seafood platter. I would go back.