“below average at best”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed May 6, 2012

What a disappointment! We have visited the Fish House on several occasions over the past few years and unfortunately each visit is more disappointing. Crunchy Grouper should not be crunchy all the way through the fish which is ok I guess since this fish was certianly not fresh. (Does fresh fish come is a square shape?) LIkewise, the shrimp was grossly overcooked. The hush puppies had the same texture as golf balls! The only thing this place has now is a nice location.

Sadly, this the Fish House was once one of our favorite spots. It is sad to see what,was once a fine spot, go downhill so rapidly.

1  Thank dec1020

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Food was OK but other places on the beach are much better.

1  Thank torobuque
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Nice surroundings, but food could have been better. Plastic knives and forks did nothing to compliment the food.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant on April 25, 2012 and I had similar experience to another reviewer. I ordered the Ahi Tuna Sandwich and also got food poisioning. I woke up in the middle of the night with severe stomach pains. Dining here was a dreadful experience. It was noisy, our server never came by even once to ask us how our dinner was or if we wanted another drink. Everything we wanted, we had to ask for, as far as even telling him we were ready to order our meal. The young kid truly seemed like he was on some kind of dope. We would never return here again, nor would we recommend to anyone.

2  Thank Wiscbabe
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Fish House!!! The best food and service!!! i eat there everyday I'm in Ft Myers. You must try the lobster bites!