“Silver Sands Villas is a "TREASURE"!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Sands Villas

Silver Sands Villas
West Palm Beach, FL
“Silver Sands Villas is a "TREASURE"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I visited for 2 nights and got my "R&R". The Silver Sands Villas is a group of cottages; much like you would see in Key West; Sanibel Island; etc. "CLEAN ROOM" was my need and it was fulfilled along with a very reasonable rate for a "beach area". This is not a Holiday Inn; Sheraton; Hilton; etc. where everything is "fine". What you will get is an exceptionally clean villa; and excellent service, if needed, from the owners. The beach is across the street via a 30-60 second walk; many restaurants in the vacinity from $-$$$$...oh, did I mention eating dinner and watching the sunset. A couple of miles North from the Villas is Times Square with many shops, food, and a family friendly beach. Oh...and the Silver Sands Villas are also PET FRIENDLY; and, there's also a pet friendly beach! The Villas pool is heated and very clean. There are beach chairs for the guests to use and much more. Also, a washing machind and dryer is on the premises. I could go on and on; but, I will be back there to enjoy more of the Silver Sands and the Ft.Myers, FL area. Another tip is that there's fishing, shelling, Thomas Edison home and lab, and other sites. Besides efficiencies, there are one bedroom and two bedroom villas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Redsharky1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
OCEAN CITY,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I ended up at Silver Sands due to a Groupon for 2 nights for $120. Upon arriving it turned out I didn't actually book my room, but they had a room available and honored the Groupon. The place is right on the main street as you enter Ft. Myers Beach and it's across the street from the beach. You're a short stroll from the pier, which has incredible sunsets!
The room was very nice with the amenities of an apartment, everything was bright and cheerful and it put you in an island mindset. The pool area is clean and well-kept. Various different options available as far as food goes. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised because I was sure there was a catch with the price I paid. Will certainly give it another visit when I have more time to enjoy the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Parkland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The drive along Estero is beautiful in itself, with plenty of beautiful homes and sights to see along the way toward the Villas, which sit right on the main drag (which is really where you want to be). When I say Main Drag....I hardly mean "busy". There are plenty of cars, but it's not ridiculous. The Silver Sands Villas sits across the street from the Gulf. Two blocks up is a great little area called Times Square. Endless choices of eateries, shops, street talent, a pier to walk up and down on and possibly to fish on too. There's a ton of stuff to do on the beach including jet skis, parasailing, sunning, surfing. The sunsets are not to be believed on the West coast of Florida. Back to our accomodations....This little gem is tucked away back from the street, so when you are back in the Garden, you can't tell where you are. It's magical. These pretty little bungalows have everything you need. Good sized refrigerator, fully stocked kitchen with utensils, pots, pans, etc. It's rustic, but absolutely charming and we plan to return with our kids next time. As teens, all of them, we can let them go into Times Square without us for ice cream or shopping, as it's just up the block. There is a 7-11 just next door and the other way is a McD's if you're in the mood for an egg mcmuffin for breakfast. Fill the frig, have breakfast and lunch in the cottage, and have dinner at Matanza's where there is live music and fabulous homemade pizza that's really something to write home about. Wonderful find....not sure I want to spread the news...hahah....We want it for ourselves!!!

Room Tip: Cottage Number 11 has a back patio and overlooks a quiet waterway. Cottage 10B is a two bedroom uni...
1 Thank Wendy B
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon, and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! All of the staff are fun, friendly, and very helpful. The beach is seconds away and there are enough places in walking distance you don't need to drive anywhere unless you want to explore the island. We stayed in 2 different bungalows and each were very well kept and very comfortable. A lot better to have your own space than being stuffed in a regular resort or hotel. We even took advantage of the grills in the garden and made our own dinner a few nights! We are in our 20s, and saw guests of all ages. Really fitting for everyone. We will definitely visit again!

1 Thank Ashley H
Cape Coral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am so happy with the cuteness of our villa!! I give this motel a 2 thumbs up! We love it
here! Our villa was very clean and well cared for!
Staff was exceptionally friendly ! Sand Sculptures on Fort Myers Beach were AMAZING!!!
We live close by in Cape Coral, But It's so nice to be able to spend the day and night and
enjoy Fort Myers Beach !!! So close to restaurants... shopping..BEACH..FUN!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a villa ! You won't be sorry!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I (mid 20's) stayed here for 6 days and it was absolutely wonderful. Perfect location to relax or party, which ever you prefer. Everything is within walking distance. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Heated pool was great. Beach access was great. Cottages/rooms were perfect for the price. We've stayed at other beach resorts and always felt like there were so many rules and regulations, but here you can basically do anything you wish within reason! We even accidentally dropped our key down a slot on the front porch and had no problems getting another one. I feel like any other place would have charged us something outrageous. We will recommend to family and friends and will be back!

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Loved this place! The people are amazing, the location is FANTASTIC, and rooms were clean and updated! My ONLY complaint would be small AC unit in living room only so bedroom was warm. I just turned the ceiling fan on high and I was fine! I highly recommend this jewel if your looking for an affordable place to stay with all the amenities of home!

• Stayed November 2012