We stayed five nights at the Carousel Inn and loved every minute. I knew the property was older (from the 60's according to one of the managers) but like a fine wine, it improved with age. The room was very large and well lit. The main part of the room had 3 windows, the kitchen area 1 the bath 2. The beds were very comfortable. I was told that the rooms had been redone two years ago, so everything was in nice condition. I was amazed at the cleanliness of the room. I think we all expect clean, but I coudn't find a speck of dust anywhere. I checked the top of the bedboard and a/c unit, which by the way worked beautifully. I looked for dust on the window frames and the slats of the blinds, and could find none. The appliances in the kitchen were as spotless as those in my own home. The vanity and bath areas were also pristine. I suggested to Manager John, that he give his staff a raise as they deserved it. The room had a bistro table with 4 chairs, good lighting with 3 lamps, and two comfortable upholstered chairs. We enjoyed the nice flat screen tv, and made use of the room safe. The pool, which is located on the street side of the building was as clean as the room. The pool area was so inviting, just like at home. FYI--this is a two story motel but to get into the first floor rooms you must go up 3 or 4 steps which could be an issue for a handicapped person. I was told they have one room with no steps but that the bath is very small and wouldn't accomodate a wheelchair. They have 4 oceanfront rooms, but with all the rooms being offset, it really isn't necessary to have one as the water can be viewed from a side angle. This motel is located in the quiet area of the beach and convenient to shops and restaurants. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I've been going to Ft. Myers Beach for 30 years and rented condos for a week or two several times a year. I was very apprehensive about going into a motel, and an older one at that. I had nothing to worry about with staying at the Carousel Inn. Book a room here and you won't be sorry. You'll have a wonderful stay in a place that's clean and well maintained. We'll go back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carousel Inn on the Beach has been a keystone of Fort Myers Beach for many years. With its miles of sand by day and amazing sunsets by night, this is the perfect destination for family vacations and romantic getaways alike. You may arrive as a stranger, but you'll definitely leave as a member of our beach family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Carousel Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Inn On The Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Carousel Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Carousel Motel Fort Myers Beach