“I wanted to like this place but can't”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Skip One Beach Seafoods - CLOSED

Skip One Beach Seafoods
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open 11-9 Everyday! Full Bar! Happy Hour Everyday 3-6! Half off well, house wine, & drafts! Amazing seafood! Specials Everyday! Beach Seafood Market right next door! Salads, soups, seafood, burgers, sandwiches, homemade pies, & kids meals! Come & eat & drink & enjoy!
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“I wanted to like this place but can't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm a local and was happy to see the building be occupied and very excited about the possibility of a decent restaurant in the area. Sadly the highest rating I can offer is "average" but I'm being generous with the rating with hopes of them improving rather than going out of business. I know it's off season but the food shouldn't suffer because of that. I don't know how the management could take such an elegant space and run it down the way they have. Also, the market next to the restaurant is pitifully stocked and doesn't have the odor of a fresh seafood market. I really want Skip One to do well, but from what I can see, failure is on the horizon.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Disappointing at Best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went there to celebrate a anniversary. I ordered a seafood combo. To begin with you were able to choose 2 side dishes. "BREAD" was on of the sides. I have never gone to a restaurant where bread was considered a side. I ordered salad and a baked potato. My salad was warm to say the least instead of chilled. My baked potato had a strange taste. My seafood, which consisted of grouper, 3 shrimp and 4 scallops had its problems. The shrimp was very good, 3 of the 4 scallops were good but the 4th one had a bad taste. The grouper was "extremely" fishy which fresh good grouper is never fishy!!! When I told the waiter his comment was that sometimes the grouper is fishy. I think what he meant to say that when grouper (if that is actually what the fish was) is old and not fresh it is fishy. Unfortunately I will not return to this restaurant. The prices were on the high side especially for poor food. Also their hostess was way too young and acting quite silly. Not a very professional atmosphere.

1 Thank Pat T
Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
“Not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Had the house's grilled platter.
The Grouper did not taste very fresh to me.
If you like lots of tarter sauce on your fish this is the place to go.

1 Thank Rob W
Fort Myers, Florida
“the very best in Ft Myers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

there is 2 locations now, one on 41 and 1 on San Carlos Blvd where sandy butler was at one time. they have the best fresh seafood in Ft Myers. there is a market also and it has the best prices and freshness found around. small comfortable bar. Plenty of parking and outdoor seating is available. I had fired oysters and they were the best I have had, hubby had the grouper nuggets and he got full and still brought home four pieces we could not eat. both were platters and total was right at $50.00 this place will be packed when snow birds get down here!!

1 Thank Deb H
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Lunch at Skip One for the 2nd. time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The service was great, the waitress took good care of us and the frog legs were great. Others in the party had a crunchy grouper sandwich and clam chowder soup and commented on how good the food was. I had both on a previous visit and that's the reason we came here. They were not disappointed with my recommendation.