“Adorable, clean and comfortable!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Life's a Beach

Kitchen
Master Bedroom
Second Bedroom
Florida Room
Beach just over the bridge
One mile to pier
Pier at sunset
Location of beach, shops, restartants,and pier
Fort Myers Airport Map about 20 min drive
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MAB4802
Liverpool, New York
“Adorable, clean and comfortable!”
Reviewed March 18, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Upon arrival to our "home away from home" we were pleasantly surprised. The house was clean and tidy. The rooms had a nice homey feeling and the furniture and amenities were more than we expected. Located on a quiet street but close to restaurants and beaches. Wifi, washer and dryer, fully equipped kitchen and central air conditioning made our stay extremely comfortable and satisfying.
One last comment, the owner was always quick to return our calls, texts and emails.
We would definitely recommend this lovely place to friends and family.

Ed and MaryAnn Harris

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
People with disabilities Older travelers

New Market, Alabama
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

Our experience was not a favorable one for the following reasons:
*property was advertised as a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit. We found the second bathroom to be in the garage. It consisted of a urinal, laundry tub, and a shower that you would use after a trip to the beach. There was no privacy, for the arrangement was in the open, dirty garage.

*the unit was very dirty even though I was assured it had been cleaned. The tub in the bathroom had mold and gook around the edges. The lamp shades were filthy. Most of the light bulbs were burnt out and all of the battery operated clocks did not work due to old batteries. The blinds were unwashed and they were so rusted we were afraid to operate them for fear they would fall down. The ceiling fans were wobbly and appeared they would fall out of the ceiling if used.

*the unit needed a repairman. The toilet seat was loose, the solar lights on the rail on the front porch were broken and just sitting on the rail.

*the hot water heater was a small one and serviced our unit and the unit behind us. Five people could not have a warm shower. Owner requested we stagger our shower with the people in the unit behind us to avoid this problem.

*the owners live in California and they have the sister as the point of contact. I was to contact her when we would arrive. I called two hours out and she asked me to call 15 minutes prior to arrival. When I placed the last call, there was no answer. We waited for 1.5 hours, and she never showed up. We left 5 phone messages. I finally called the owners in California, and they told me to go in. Since I was unfamiliar with the unit, I ended up in the wrong unit. All doors were unlocked, it was dark, and I did not know where light switchers were etc. this was handled very unprofessionally. I needed to talk to the point of contact later in the week, and she never returned my phone call.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: false advertisement and lack of cleanliness.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Aug 15, 2014
I was very surprised to read this review. We have had many guest stay here and this guest is the only one who complained about dust. Dust is created because in the winter all the windows are open and dust does collect. We pride outselves in having the home thoroughly cleaned after each visit. The bathtub is new and there is no mold at all. All the details which she mentioned are not true. We have a handyman review the property and is availble if our guests have any issue. This particular guest never contacted us in the entire month she stayed there. We did not advertise the home as having 2 bathrooms. We new the garage was from the previous owner who had a kind of "man cave". Please read our other reveiws and disregard this guest's opinion.
MO
Reviewed July 23, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing