“Best Breakfast on the Island”
Review of Heavenly Biscuit

Heavenly Biscuit
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Love the Heavenly Biscuit, aptly named, for it's great food and quirky atmosphere. You walk up, stand in line, order your food ala carte, grab some coffee, sit outside and wait for your order (unless you try one of the hot cinnamon rolls or another special treat from the front counter), eat, pay and leave happy! I've lived on the island for almost three years and this is my favorite breakfast spot. If you're a local, be sure to get your frequent visitor card and the 10th visit is on the house. Great food, good people and a stone's throw from the turquoise waters of the Gulf!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had breakfast here last year and had a great experience. Well this year was no different. In fact, it was better because we called our order in ahead of time. I highly recommend calling your order in ahead unless you don't mind waiting in line for a while. The breakfast biscuits were large and tasty. The cinnamon rolls melt in your mouth.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

If you want a nice sit down restaurant meal, then avail yourself of any of the many other breakfast establishments that line Estero Blvd. What you have here is a take-out place with limited seating indoors (10) and out, about the same, much like the many Chinese places around the country. This is not a criticism but a statement of fact, your plan of action should be to take one of the menus in the basket as you walk up the stairs. You can plainly see everything is ala cart, except for the specials that are changed daily. Be ready to order when you get to the counter as you don't want to hold up the people waiting behind you. Give them your name move to your right for the self serve beverages and find a place to rest while awaiting your meal.

Now for the meal. The biscuits are flaky soft and hot, melt in your mouth or crumble as you hold them. Put them down on the wrapping paper, if needed, no there aren't any plates. Like old time BBQ places you got your meal served on a piece of butcher paper, or use the paper towels at each table. Enjoy your meal and clean up for the next person.

I had the sausage biscuit with egg that was wonderful, so was my wife's biscuit with bacon. We shared a cinnamon roll, which came slathered in frosting and was very tasty. I was so enamored with the biscuits I ordered one with their gravy. I've had better gravies, but it was a nice addition to the biscuit.

Price was right, food was delicious and the charm is unique.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Heavenly Biscuits is just that, heavenly! First off, the physical structure is in bad shape and in need of lots of repairs. OK, now the food, it is very good and we continue to return. Our favorite is the main stay, the cinnamon rolls. They are made fresh and served warm throughout the morning. If you are just having a roll and coffee you stand in line order and you get it on the spot to go outside and enjoy. There is also limited inside seating, first come first served. Other food items you order and then find your own table and wait for them to come around yelling out your first name. Fun little place and the best homemade cinnamon rolls ever.

1  Thank RandBTravel
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My kids and wife went in while I parked the car. They got cinnamon roll's, but when I walked in at 1:05pm I got boisterous where closed so I didn't even walk in to stand next to my family. Guess they get enough business in the morning. We didn't go back.