“Not a bad thing to say!”
Review of Heavenly Biscuit

Heavenly Biscuit
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's pretty easy to write a review of a great place and this is one if those places. Wonderful food, lots of options, tiny and quaint. I would, like others, recommend doing take-out as bees are a problem if you sit on the little porch. We had the breakfast special - biscuit, cheese, egg, bacon and tomato. It is huge and filling. The cinnamon roll was dripping with icing and loaded with sugar and cinnamon. Marvelous. Hope to try something from lunch menu. They close at 1:00. Located about a mile south of Times Square.

1  Thank NitaBC
Write a ReviewReviews (2,120)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a really cute little breakfast & lunch place. It is in a little cottage that has been converted into a restaurant. Just darling, as they say.

We had their special Cinnamon Roll and a Biscuit with ham & egg and a Special Biscuit with bacon, egg, cheese & tomato. Everything was delicious.

This is a neat place.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our second trip down to Ft Myers Beach, and second experience with the Heavenly Biscuit.
I would say up front the food was ok, but the thing that stands out, and will prevent us from ever going back there was the SWARMING bees and wasps around the outside seating area.
There are precious few places to sit indoors , it is very cramped , so mostly you are stuck with seating outside. There is where the problem exists, the sweet cinnamon rolls they sell are tasty, but are covered in sticky sweet frosting that draws every bee and wasp within sniffing distance to the area. They are all over your plate, in your face and generally are a nuisance , not to mention a health and SAFETY problem. After our recent meal there I suggested to the manager a solution to deal with them, she wasn't interested, stating they did not want to harm them! Well, as much as I appreciate taking care of nature, there is a point where good judgement over rules being a nature lover. If you want to raise bees, fine, quit selling food and open an apiary, other wise, do your customers right and clean up the area and make it more pleasing to enjoy a meal.
Sorry Heavenly Biscuit, we will not return, and I cannot give a positive nod to someone so callous as not to want to protect their customers.

Larry H, Owner at Heavenly Biscuit, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Bob:
You didn't speak to a manger, because I am the owner and only manager of the restaurant, but I will make sure my employees don't tell customers we like the bees. Every year for about 8 weeks, the bees are a problem. I can assure you we are not protecting the bees. I have killed literally thousands of them. The experts have informed me that it is impossible to completly eliminate them unless the hive is found. While you may have felt your "solution" was ignored, please keep in mind that at least 2 or 3 customers a day tell us how to solve the problem. (we have tried them all). Fortunately, no customer has been injured (to my knowledge) - including you. Your suggestion that we are callous, I must take issue with. My employees work very hard, and I find them to be courteous and caring people.
Thank you for visiting the Heavenly Biscuit.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We read about Heavenly Biscuit on Trip Advisor and thought we should check it out. Check it out we did! ... At least 4 times during the week. They have the absolutely best cinnamon rolls and biscuits I have ever tasted. The staff are wonderfully friendly and add to the ambience. Heavenly Biscuit is housed in an old cottage and would be easy to miss if you're not looking for it. Be sure to stop here.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We got there just before closing (1:00 pm) and ordered the chicken salad sandwich, with a side of home fries. It was very good. I saw the biscuits, they looked great, probably on the menu for breakfast tomorrow. Its a quaint little place, and one of those great finds. I'm sure we'll return again when in Ft Myers Beach.