“Below average Italian food served by lovely people”

Pastabilities & More
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pastabilities and more is family owned and operated. We take pride in serving the freshest and finest ingredients in every entree we serve.
“Below average Italian food served by lovely people”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

My 11 year old son was craving Italian, and so off we went. This should have been easy. Pasta. Sauce. Bread.

Not so easy.

Let me first day you would be hard pressed to find a more delightful owner and waitstaff. They were simply lovely.

Problem is, the food was not lovely. The restaurant was out of penne, so the build-your-own "pastability" wasn't really to be. The pesto was incredibly oily and flavorless. The meatballs were inedible. The bread seemed day old. Salad was swimming in dressing (the same could be said for the oily pesto). Pasta was overcooked.

The one bright spot: my son's crab bisque. I'm not sure how that happened. But it was actually good.

The second best part of the meal: the frozen Andes mints that came with the bill.

I loved the staff. Wanted to love the restaurant. Would never go back.

• Polish first
Geraldton, Canada
“Pasta Fix”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We decided to try out this restraunt so I could get my pasta fix as it had been awhile.The atmosphere is plesant the service was GREAT.I had the lasagna and I expected it to be better it was kind of ho hum when I was expexting wow.Not a lot of flavour.My wife had the fresh snapper said it was excellent .

• Visited March 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had dinner at this restaurant with my boss while traveling for business. The service was great, the food was wonderful. Very nice atmosphere. Would highly recommend this restaurant to couples looking for a nice romantic dinner or friends looking for a great place to get together. Prices a little high for families.

Visited March 2013
Auburn, Massachusetts
“Large portions here”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Large protions though the prices are a little high. Typical italian food with a focus on Pasta (hence the name).

Visited March 2013
Massachusetts
“A very good first visit”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had not visited this restaurant on our many previous trips to Ft. Myers, but my brother made the reservation because they have been and enjoyed it. It is a family-owned place (interesting to note that neither of them is Italian, however) and comes across that way in the presentation and service. It was friendly and casual. Everything we ate was excellent. The bread was warm and it was served with both plain or herbed butter. The caesar salad was fresh and the dressing was tasty and not overly salty. I chose the chicken piccata and upon receiving it I was concerned because the sauce did not look like a piccata sauce -- it looked too creamy, more like an alfredo. I couldn't have been more wrong -- it was a delicious, lemony sauce that perfectly complemented the chicken and pasta. My brother's lasagna was huge and deemed to be very good. I can't comment on the other meals at our table because frankly I was too busy enjoying my own! We arrived late (8:45) and I think the restaurant closes at nine, so we were definitely the last people in the place when we left, but we never felt hurried or pushed out by the waitstaff who were likely eager to get home. I would definitely visit again.

• Visited February 2013