“"Dock Dude"”

Matanzas on the Bay
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Specializing in fresh local seafood, choice Angus steaks, Seed to Table produce and Dave's famous Dockside Pizza, we are Southwest Florida's best waterfront restaurant. Live music and Happy Hour daily!
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We love this place! We come pretty often thru the winter months by boat. The only problem with this place is the miserable man that calls himself "Dock Dude" I don't think I've ever met such a unhelpful man. He literally threw his hands in the air n said "I'm not dealing with this" when we had 3 feet on either side of the boats. The only positive was we saved $20 bucks by not tipping him like we normally would. Oh well... Everything else about the place is great. Boaters beware!

Petrarca828, General Manager at Matanzas on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your experience at the restaurant. I do apologize about your experience with Rusty and shared this with him. Please give him another chance and ask for me on your next visit. Have a great New Year! ~Glen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We have the good fortune to live near Fort Myers Beach, and our favorite restaurant on the beach is Matanzas. We usually dine downstairs on the bay, but last night was Christmas Eve, and we absolutely knew where we wanted to go - upstairs at Petey's Bar. We were delighted to have Jennifer host us as our server - very personable and attentive. Her cohort, Chase, stopped by as well to see how we were enjoying our visit. The music provided by Greg was very relaxing and just the right volume. We ordered Dave's Nacho and Deluxe pizzas (we still grieve over the loss of Dockside where Dave's pizzas originated). We felt especially lucky about our enjoyable evening when Jennifer told us that this was the first time they were open for Christmas Eve. I hope the word gets out so they'll continue to do so. Just one suggestion, please turn down or off the fans over the bar when it's chilly outside. Those babies churn a lot of air. :) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Thank you for the great review! Yes, we plan on being open on Christmas Eve from now on, I believe everyone enjoyed their time here. Have a great New Year. ~Glen

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We found this hidden wonder this fall and have been there several times. The food is always delicious and the staff very friendly. We enjoy Karen as our server whenever we can. Can't wait to go again!

Petrarca828, General Manager at Matanzas on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for visiting our restaurant (again and again!). I will personally thank Karen as well. Please ask for me on your next visit. ~Glen

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Very special place to have dinner. We decided to just have a light meal of appetizers. My husband had the bacon wrapped scallops and I had the lump crab stuffed mushrooms both were excellent. For desserts we shared a slice of key lime pie...yummy!

Petrarca828, General Manager at Matanzas on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Sounds like exactly what I eat! Thank you for the review...the Stuffed Mushrooms have been a staple of Chef Dave's for many years so he especially appreciates the feedback. The Bacon Wrapped Scallops were a new menu addition just a month ago. I am glad you enjoyed both.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

What an excellent and fun place to go. Went 3 times on recent stay at Fort Myers Beach. Debbie served us the first night and she was great, food was outstanding, then she told us to stop upstairs to listen to music at Petey's upper deck. Great choice.
Chelsea waited on us and she was a hoot. Friendly, funny, and outstanding service. Also met Aaron the bartender- super friendly. 2nd visit was just to Petey's upper deck- Music & pizza were great and Chelsea took care of us again. OUTSTANDING AGAIN. 3rd visit was upstairs- Jennifer waited on us and Chelsea was just finishing her shift. Jennifer was great and Chelsea sat and visited with us for a while. Service was truly outstanding and will definitely go back on every visit. Best customer service imaginable.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I know you came out of your way to come visit our restaurant and we can not thank you enough. It was a pleasure meeting you!