“Always a must every year”

Charley's Boat House Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A tradition of excellence! Charley's is always a local favorite. Taste of the Islands Award Winner, year after year. We strive for perfection in quality, service and taste. #1 Certified Angus Beef Restaurant in Florida, aged and hand cut on site.
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We visit Ft Myers Beach every year, at least one meal has to be at Charlies. Always great food and service. If you can eat early, they have great specials. Had grilled swordfish this time, was as good as a prime rib minus the fat. Orange roughy was equally as good.

Reviewed January 20, 2011

Large, 55 item salad bar.
Lots of fresh fish options.
Full bar

Reviewed December 16, 2010

Although we arrived around 9pm and they close at 10pm, we never felt rushed. The hostess's greeting was warm and welcoming, not like "Oh great, how long will they be here?". The waitress and cocktail server were quite pleasant and knowledgeable. Although they boast about the salad bar, I didn't see anything fancy but there were many items from which to choose. Everything looked fresh even at the end of the night. I'm not a wine connoisseur, but there was a good variety in both glass and bottle options. The food portions were a good amount and everything tasted superbly. I had the stuffed flounder and it melted in my mouth. We finished by sharing a homemade key lime pie to make the end to a fantastic meal.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

Charley's gets great reviews from many people. I had the blackened orange roughy and did not like the spicy rub on such a mild fish. My husband had a good prime rib, the small one which was pretty large. The salad buffet was excellent as was the bread. Service was slow to start, but then was fine once it started. We did not go back again.

1  Thank Carol28Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Service very,very slow,no offer of bread before meal.Food was just average,scallops for my wife,steak for myself.

1  Thank sanddollar59