“nice family restaurant”

Charley's Boat House Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A tradition of excellence! Charley's is always a local favorite. Taste of the Islands Award Winner, year after year. We strive for perfection in quality, service and taste. #1 Certified Angus Beef Restaurant in Florida, aged and hand cut on site.
philadelphia, pa
“nice family restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2009

My family went to the grill for dinner- we have a small child (less than 1 year old) there were 5 of us all together- we were seated quickly. The food was great, good prices & good portion size- the staff was very friendly and the service was prompt. My son broke one of the water glasses at the table- and the staff didnt freak out on us or anything- they were helpful in the clean up and very polite. We would definitely eat there again! by the way -it was halloween when we went to the restaurant and the staff had great costumes, it made our visit even more fun.

fort wayne
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Third time not a charm”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

My inlaws ranted and raved about how good the food was. "Best steaks and seafood on the beach" is what I was told. I hope they were wrong. We ate there twice, that was two times too many for my taste. I like to eat out and I fancy myself a fair cook.

I ordered a rare prime rib, which might be hard to get at the end of the night, but we were there when they opened so it should have been a no brainer. It looked like overcooked shoe leather,no warm pink center or red tint left at all. I sent it back and ordered a rare steak which realy was rare if you count the ice crystals inside, I couldn't even cut it. The watress was laughing.

Good thing the salad bar was top rate, or I would not have eaten. I went with them again two nights later and ordered the sea food which was OK but not great. Good thing for the saladbar again...

Save your money and goto McDonalds if you want a bad cut of beef that is overcooked or a McFish quality piece of fish. If you are a vegitarian then by all means go for the salad bar.

Robert Burns,
Ft. Wayne Indiana

1 Thank robburns
Medina Ohio
“Save your money and go to Outback...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2008

We heard so much about Charley's and had high hopes for a good meal. My wife and I both had steak, I had the $27 strip and she had the small fillet. Sad to say I think all they do is take the steak out of the plastic wrap and throw it on the grill. Our steaks had no flavor whatsoever...There was no seasoning at all. We spent $65 and the best part of the meal was the salad bar. So far, we have found you really need to leave the beach area to get a good meal. For $65 you expect more and sad to say Outback has far better steaks than Charley's.....

1 Thank mrkhpp1
indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charleys, not even as good as O'Charleys”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2008

We also ate at Charleys and did not expect "too much" as all the other restaurants on the beach were similar in style and looks-- laid back, easy going and paper towels on the tables sort of thing!! The salad bar was nice as was our food. It was the wait and the lack of service we did not appreciate. Our waiter was pleasant enough when we saw him, but for the most part he was too busy. I am not sure if he was overbooked and had too many tables to serve or if he had to go and cook our meal himself or what.It was!! It just wasn't us,all the surrounding tables had the same service and slowness....I don't mind alittle "laid back" attitude, as we are on vacation but the prices on the menu should reflect that. Alittle pricey for 15-20" wait on getting waited on overall service.
Also, they should think about remodeling!!All so dated!!
On a scale from 1-10, 5 is the best I can give.

1 Thank lynneindiana
manchester, uk
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2008

Excellent steak and very good salad bar. Good value for money. The view is entertaining as the birds are all fishing for tea. Keep your eyes peeled on the water you never know what you will see!!