“Charley's Boat House is simply great !!!”

Charley's Boat House Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A tradition of excellence! Charley's is always a local favorite. Taste of the Islands Award Winner, year after year. We strive for perfection in quality, service and taste. #1 Certified Angus Beef Restaurant in Florida, aged and hand cut on site.
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charley's Boat House is simply great !!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic meal at Charley's tonight. We witnessed a very strong team effort in assuring that patrons had an excellent experience at this wonderful eatery. The team work was exceptional starting with the Manager Michael and supported by all of the staff including our server Jen and the kitchen staff who delivered our meals to our table and as we witnessed they served meals to all of the tables. Such cooperation of staff is unusually strong including other support staff who made sure that patrons had water when they were seated as well as the clearing and re-setting of tables when patrons left. The food was - lets just say wonderful - and in my wife's opinion - as with mine - 5 star quality - we will definitely be back there prior to leaving this area - overall it was a truly wonderful dining experience !!!! ***** It is a great place for couples and families - the menu offers many wonderful choices and the service is exceptional.

• Visited April 2013

Indiana
“It's good, not great but that's OK”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We had the steak and coconut shrimp. Portion sizes were large, food was tasty, and we had great service. The salad bar was really large and had all sorts of choices. I wouldn't say it was awesome, just tons of toppings and well stocked. I could see why some people rated this place so high, but to me, it's really good, but not great. I'd definitely go back.

Visited April 2013
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“salad bar is huge but average at best”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I ate alone at this resturanat. I had the salad bar which is huge, but not overly impressive. Much of the fruit looked canned and the pasta type salads were bland. I know this place gets rave reviews and I really wanted to love it but just was not that impressed.

Service was great, sitting by the window with a view of the backwaters was nice, cost of the salad bar was ok.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Terri G
US
“Fantastic Salad Bar........decent food.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is the first time in a couple of years we tried Charlie's Boat House. The entree's on the menu aren't spectacular, but the salad bar is! I'm really impressed with the quality and freshness of the food on the salad bar and obviously this place is a favorite of many as it was packed.

Really cool view of the back canal/bay and the terriaki kabob was really good. My husband had the Rib roast and said it was ok...not the best he ate, but was good.

Will return there next year...probably will only get the salad bar as it's the best thing there!

• Visited March 2013
“Decent”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Food is good salad bar is excellent service was very attentive. This is a nice place not super fancy and has some good prices. We try to hit it once each year we are here