“Great Place for Happy Hour! ”
Review of The Whale

The Whale
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The best BBQ and Seafood restaurant on the Fort Myers Beach featuring outdoor dining and happy hour Mon-Fri from 2-5! Amazing food, spectacular service, and 26 TV's for all your family's sports fans!
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

I had long heard about the legend of The Beached Whale and I can say the tales of a fun, enjoyable Island dining experience are true. Enjoying tropical drinks, cold beer, excellent flatbread, and very tasty mussels while seated on a lively rooftop deck basking in the sun is what I miss now being back in New England. Happy Hour is really a great value with discounted drinks and apps. There are places you have to stop at in FMB and The Beached Whale is on top of our list.

Date of visit: February 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,842)

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

We come to Ft Myers Beach every year. We own a condo at the Pink Shell our favorite place in the world. A friend told us to try The Beached Whale, great choice. Great beach town ambience, amazing fish sandwich, fresh oysters and peel and eat shrimp .
Happy waitress and service. Give it a try I think you will like it.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

First thing, our waitress (Michelle) was a bad a€£! I walked upstairs first while my husband settled his tab down at the bar! She sat me at a table and very shortly I was approached by two men wanting to sit with me! She zips over and tells them to keep walking, stop bothering her patrons, and she wouldn’t take no for an answer! It took her getting pretty heated and my husband coming up for them to move along! Not sure what game they were playing, but she handled it!
Our food was amazing! Shrimp ceviche, Yucatán Shrimp, and the grouper tacos were the best we’ve had any where!! Michelle talked us into the best Key Lime pie and it too was amazing. We’re only here for a few more days, but we will be back!!

1  Thank LynnJewell
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Overall, decent dinner experience. Very busy place and service is kind of slow but food came out hot and tasty.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

The Beached Whale has a really nice upper deck that gives you great views of the beach/ocean even though it is on the east side of Estero. The food is good, as are the prices and service. We had the grouper sandwich - very tasty.