“In the heart of Ft Myers Beach...sister restaurant of Doc Fords”
Review of The Beached Whale

The Beached Whale
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The best BBQ and Seafood restaurant on the Fort Myers Beach featuring outdoor dining and happy hour Mon-Fri from 2-5! Amazing food, spectacular service, and 26 TV's for all your family's sports fans!
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We sat on the upper deck for happy hour, and the food and drink specials were both excellent. $5 pitchers of any beer, and $3.50 well drinks. $6 for 15 mussels in this awesome sauce, and $5 flatbreads. And there was more we didn't even order! I did have the grouper sandwich, also excellent. Good people watching spot if your table is at the edge of the deck and you have a view of the street...Interesting...and we visited right after peak season! Great service, too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,743)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I stopped in here on a whim and had a great time. The bar area was spacious and clean with plenty of seats. The bartender (Drea) was friendly, quick, and attentive. We didn't wait for a drink all night. I didn't have any food but I heard other customers complimenting the food.

What really wowed us was the band. 10,000 Views was there that night and sounded great; the drummer even had a drum solo where he played with beer bottles. And I don't know if it's the place, the sound guy, or a combo, but I didn't need to wear earplugs. You could hear everything crystal clear and it was at a volume amenable to carbon-based lifeforms. No ringing in the ears the next morning.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Friends love this place and I still don't get it. Went on my first visit a few months ago it's their fav place on the beach so far. The food is just so so bar food that I saw. IE lot's of greasy fry stuff. While my burger on the first visit was pretty good, I ordered some mozzerella stilcks, Tasted like cheap grocery store junk, this time I tried them again,,,, same thing. First visit to a place I try to give the benefit of doubt. Hence trying the sticks again. There won't be a 3rd time.

This time I had fish fingers knowing they would be fried. not too bad and they give you alot. The Koolaid Drink I ordered from the bar was pretty funky, friends had ceasar salad and fingers. The best thing about the place is the view period. The ocean across the street and some really great people watching. Hoping not to have to go there next time. I know there has to be way better places on the strip.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We love the beached whales deck and atmosphere for happy hour drinks. There is always a nice breeze and the view of the ocean can't be beat. Food is typical fried pub food. My husband swears by their wings. Everything I've ever had has been ok. Nothing terrible but nothing that stands out either. Worth visiting a a drink and appetizer on the deck!

1  Thank SamiGiffin
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The deck above was full but after a 15 minute wait (aka: a cold drink at the bar) we where seated.

We ordered the raw oysters, which where huge and tasted great, also the coconut shrimp where a bit dry but ok and the baby back ribs (order the full rack, 1/2 would be small) which was tender and delicious.
Not that cheap but it was ok. Friendly waitress.

3  Thank JdelaMar