“Loved it!”
Review of Junkanoo

Junkanoo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Junkanoo is the perfect location for some fun in the sun. We offer everything you will need for a memorable beach day. Great food and fantastic frozen drinks either indoors with gulf views and breezes or on our outdoor patio. You can even get your feet in the sand on our beaches. Beach chair, wave runner and kayak rentals are available and plenty of parking. For more formal dining, step upstairs and visit the award winning Fresh Catch Bistro which offers the finest in seafood and steaks with panoramic views of the gulf and stunning sunsets.
Michigan
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Loved the location, the view, the service, the food (1 stuffed shrimp platter, 1 grilled grouper platter). Ordered a pizza for take-out a couple nights later--soooo good! Looking forward to returning on our next trip to Fort Myers Beach.

Visited March 2014

Prairie Village, Kansas
“Great fresh Grouper and fantastic service!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Great Fresh grouper in both Tacos and snadwiches! Terry was a fantastic server on both our visits! A table on the Deck overlooking the beach is a great spot for a meal!

• Visited April 2014
Norfolk, Virginia
“Grouper rueben, who would have thought?”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We just got to our hotel within walking distance of Junkanoo and were in search for drinks and dinner. My husband ordered the fried grouper rueben sandwich with sweet potato fries ($14.99). What a huge piece of fried fish laid on a bed of coleslaw, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and bun, so big he ate it with a knife and fork. I was not as hungry so I order the Tuna Carpaccio on the dinner starter menu (see picture). Overall, it was good and there was plenty but I needed the wasabi and pickled seafood to mask this funky smell and the fact the tuna was a 'luke-warm' temp that felt like they'd sat outside too long. I guess if it was really bad i wouldn't have eaten it and no, I did not get sick later! This is as close to sushi as I will get so maybe it was a texture thing, I just didn't think at was as good as I have had elsewhere. Even early in the evening the place was hopping with a full deck of diners and a bar of drinkers. I would recommend this place if you're looking to be a round a lot of people, a nice view of the water and an afternoon drink.

• Visited April 2014
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Gorgeous location, average food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

In a pinch, this will do for AA quick lunch (not sure about dinner) but the salads were just ok...not overly creative...French fries were "blah", shrimp was tasty. Beautiful view and ok service, but mediocre food.

• Visited March 2014
Florida
“Great for Dog Lovers”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

You can bring your dog(s) and eat outside in the back facing the water! I brought mine and had a good hamburger/fries/drink while gazing at the waves. Dogs on leash are allowed on Ft Myers beach, so we took a long walk afterwards. My pups even cooled their paws in the surf. A very enjoyable late afternoon. In the summer, I will go in with the pups. Can't wait!

• Visited February 2014