“Great place to celebrate, great food.”
Review of South Beach Grille

South Beach Grille
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: South Beach Grille specializes in serving cuisine that is traditional with a creative flair. We take pride in offering fine dining, exceptional food and high-quality service. The art deco decor with a warm atmosphere, exquisite entrée presentation, and great service guarantee you an impressive time. Our experienced chefs prepare each and every dish in a way that meets or exceeds standards of culinary excellence.
Reviewed November 9, 2010

we visited this restaurant twice this vacation.

The first time it was our anniversary. we had great service from Jesse our waiter, the food (tilapia to die for) was fantastic and the house wine really good. We ate early bird (2-4-1)and the selection available was good - but if we had wanted to order from the full menu, you still got some money off. They do add an 18% gratuity to the bill - for what would have been the full price, but this is explained in detail when you get your bill.

The second time we went we managed to get a seat at the bar, which gives you half price appetisers and drinks till 7. This is a very popular option and you have to get there really early to get a place but the effort is worth it. Teh bar staff are helpful and friendly and the food is good.

1  Thank Polly-from-Beds

Reviewed October 22, 2010

Always Fabulous! We have been going to South Beach Grille for the last 6 years and always have consistently great service and excellent food. We take Clients there all the time and they are always impressed by the welcoming atmosphere and good food - we always get to close the deal!!
They have great bar specials and lovely cocktails too.
Tonight it is just my husband and I for a romantic dinner 'a deux' and I can't wait!

1  Thank english-totty
Reviewed July 14, 2010

A friend recommended we try South Beach Grille and we were not disappointed. We had a party of four and all enjoyed our dinners. The night we were there, there was special pricing on the menu too, like buy one get one and buy one get one half off. We had the mussels, a couple of fish entres, and a chicken entre- all very good! Looking forward to enjoy dinner there again and highly recommend. Our waiter was also very nice, friendly, and attentive.

1  Thank TomSarasota
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I didn't read the reviews here before we had dinner at South Beach Grille this past Saturday night upon my Aunt's recommendation, who lives in Fort Myers Beach half the year and let us stay at her place for an anniversary weekend. She loves South Beach Grille and has eaten at almost every restaurant in Ft Myers Beach.
We had a very good experience at this restaurant. Our server was personable; the right mix of hospitable without being overbearing, fun without being flippant.
Food was exceptionally good, especially for an area not known for fine cuisine. The Floridian salad was well presented and fresh. My main course, crab cakes were perfect. My husband got one of their fish specials- tilefish- it was pretty good- not my favorite fish, but artfully prepared with some nice sides. Portions were generous. The bread was freshly baked and buttery.
One other note- they have a great cocktail menu and can actually make a decent martini. Every other restaurant we went to served terrible pre-mixed concoctions, I normally just stick with wine in Ft Myers Beach but decided to try a cocktail at South Beach Grille, and I'm glad I did.
All in all, this is a nice choice. It isn't cheap, but they have some nice values on their menu. Don't buy into the bad reviews here. Try it for yourself. I am a tough customer, and I really enjoyed this restaurant.

1  Thank MAElizabeth_S
Reviewed March 15, 2010

This restaurant looks great up front - an intelligent- and innovative-looking decor with the waiters and chefs dressed in a very respectful manner. That's about the only good thing we saw. We were neglected for an extended period of time, and finally, after getting the waiter's attention to order, his reply to our orders was, "Wow, you're eating simple." The food was brought out in a decent amount of time and was acceptable, but nowhere near great. After we got our food, though, we didn't see the waiter until he brought the bill. The bill was extraordinarily overpriced. We were not told of several of the charges up front, which was more annoying than anything. What rubbed me the wrong way the most, however, was the automatic 18% gratuity added for parties of six or more. The waiter did not deserve a tip at all, let alone 18%? Ridiculous. I would NOT recommend.