“Learn from a pro”

Fishing the Flats Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Back country fishing in estero bay on light tackle
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have some familiarity with the fishing in Estero Bay so I asked Capt Neil to refine my techniques and help me be a better fisherman. He did exactly that and we caught fish in less than optimal conditions as far as the tide was concerned. I got my many questions on tackle, techniques, bait, and places and times to fish all answered. Neil was patient and had I just wanted to focus on catching fish I know he would have accommodated that as well. He does want people to become better fishermen and has already answered more questions I had by email after the trip! I plan to fish with Capt Neil again to get another lesson.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I spent 4 days in Ft Myers Beach. I hired Captain Neil for 2 days of fishing. I'm not sure which day was better. Each day Captain Neil took us to great fishing spots. Day 1 we got 3 reds, 3 mango snappers and 2 trout. Day 2 was just as good getting more reds, sheepsheads and jacks. I would highly recommend Captain Neil for anyone looking to have a great day on the water. Not only does he know where the fish are he is very skilled in the art of fishing.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Four hours and four hundred dollars later. We got nothing, but a sun tan. Wish the captain could find the fish, or at least give a discount.

Fishingtheflats, Owner at Fishing the Flats Charters, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

I am sorry you were unhappy with your trip if you contact me at 239-860-4242 I will send you a gift card so the next time your in ft Myers and would like to go fishing your trip will deeply discounted

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Captain Neil is an excellent educator. We were on fish all morning, We caught everything from snook, lady fish, jack, sheepshead, redfish, catfish, and black drum. At the end of the trip had a run through the back waters of Estero Bay.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The day was totally satisfying. We got a family slam (redfish,snook & trout). Captain Neil kept us on the fish all morning. We got redfish (including a 26"er 6#+),trout, snook, sheephead, lady fish, catfish and rays (fun to catch). We have fished from Alaska to Mexico, all across Canada, the upper midwest and carribean and I do not rate Capt. Neil as "excellent" without a basis. He will put you on fish in places no other caption goes.

Randy H.