“So Beautiful!!”
Review of A Beach'n Place

A Beach'n Place
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a week!! It was the best place every I couldn't ask for a better place we loved it. Every one that stayed there was so kind to us! The owners... was the Best!! They are so nice very helpful! Very beautiful place the bed was so comfortable every time we got in it we went right to sleep!! So so nice I will be returning soon same place!! I couldn't ask for a better place felt just like home!

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for A Beach'n Place

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I just wanted to take the time to say I stayed at your resort over the fourth of July 2013. My husband and daughter and I found the place very quaint, comfortable and stylishly decorated. The beds were comfortable. The kitchen had the essential things I needed for my stay. The bathroom was a little small for three people who are used to having three bathrooms, but we learned to share. This place had a little shed with lawnchairs for the beach. We only had to walk about 5 houses to cross street to the beach. We left our vehicle parked the majority of the visit and walked to restaurants, lounges, beaches....The price was economical for our budget. We hope to visit again. The only complaint we had was the people who had the upstairs rooms were very loud. We had a floor fan we used to drown them out. I would recommend this place for a relaxing get away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My girlfriend Laudia and I were very pleased with our stay at the Beach'n Hotel in Fort Myers Beach. We were very surprised to see that the "room" we stayed in was actually a two bedroom apartment with a newly remodeled full bath, kitchen, dining room and living room which had a comfy sofa, loveseat, chair and cable TV. The place was clean, nicely furnished and very comfortable. The beach is right across Estero Blvd. from the Beach'n Hotel and within walking distance to the heart of Fort Myers Beach shops and restaurants.The owners, Philip and Rhonda Wyatt were very nice and made us feel right at home. We really enjoyed the Beach'n Hotel and we will be sure to stay there the next time we are in Fort Myers Beach!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The photographs on their website and Groupon are a work of (con) art in comparison with how the actually place looks. There are cinder block grill stands, bundles of pipes, assorted hoses lying around et cetera. Beach n Place makes Sanford and Sons seem classy. It’s clear that any remodeling was completed sans permits as the electrical wiring doesn’t possibly meet building code. There are exposed cut off cables coming out of the siding, clearly visible wire ties coming out from the fixtures, extension cords wired into the breaker boxes etc.
My stay at Beach n Place started off with confusion. The unit listed in my email for our stay from Rhonda was different from the unit we ended up being assigned. We found this out after dragging our luggage up a flight of stairs to the unit listed in the email, then found out over the phone with Rhonda that we should disregard her email and relocate to a different unit. The check in process was simple enough: the key was under the mat (for both units). Though simple, not secure.
We were immediately disappointed upon getting into our actual “bungalow.” The unit was very small and hot. The décor was a mishmash of jungle prints, tropical fish, geometric patterns, plastic flowers, and empty wine bottles which is to say that a blind person might have done better. It was completely downhill from there. We were NOT expecting a window unit air conditioner. The window unit, which was located inside the bedroom, did not cool the living and dining areas adequately and didn’t reach the bathroom at all. Besides not completing the primary function cooling the rooms, the AC was loud and rattled.
The bedroom was too small for the king sized bed squeezed in there and the mattress was sinking in the center, so my husband and I kept finding ourselves falling into to this center of the bed abyss. The sheets were well worn and of poor quality.
Common items like towel racks and stands for electronics were MIA. We hooked up the DVD ourselves using a stack of pillows on top of a chair as this was the only way the cords would reach. There was one roll of toilet paper, a couple sheets of paper towels, and leftover dish soap in the unit upon our arrival. The kitchen cabinets were rickety (the top drawer under the counter was broken and inoperable). I found hairs in both the refrigerator and microwave (ick). Rhonda told me over the phone prior to check in that the cleaning crew had finished just prior to our arrival however the condition of the unit suggested that they never started.
Then there were the roaches and sewer bugs (both living and deceased). While using the restroom a roach the size of a hot wheel car crawled out from beneath the vanity. Living and dead sewer bugs were also present in the bathroom (sewer bugs are associated with improper sewer venting).
Until Beach n Place, I’ve had nothing but fabulous experiences using Groupon Getaways. Before writing this review I called and emailed the property owner to give them a chance to rectify the situation. No response. There is a reason that the fine print of the Groupon deal mentions no refunds after check in…once you get a good look at the place you’ll want to get out, but they’ve got your money so you’re SOL. I called Groupon too, but they are closed on Saturday. We roughed it for the first two nights of our stay foolishly thinking that our concerns would be addressed and the whole experience would somehow turnaround, but by day two we’d had enough. We left early and got a hotel room, which was both clean and cool.
Along with this review, I have posted pictures from the property and images of handwritten reviews from other disgruntled travelers, written in the comment book inside our unit. See for yourself.

Room Tip: Keep looking.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cococobb
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Florida on our honeymoon. (We are from Oklahoma). We arrived at the property on 9/24/12. We had a unit on the bottom, and our parking spot was right next to our door. The unit was nicely decorated, but like others said, the bathroom was an issue. There wasn't a vent, and it did get stuffy in there. Also, it would have been nice to have more towels provided. We also noticed the shower wasn't cleaned as well as it should have been.

We enjoyed being right down the street from the beach. It was nice to walk to the shops and beach, and it was really nice to have a quiet place to retreat to. We stayed 2 nights and didn't have any issues, or need to contact the owners at any time. We had purchased our stay from Groupon. We would stay again if we were coming to the area, and there was another Groupon available.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our hopes were high, but we could not have been more surprised and pleased at the beautiful unit that Philip and Rhonda placed us in! It was just perfect for our needs, and beautiful to boot. We loved the fact that we could easily walk to the beach, shopping, dining, and hanging out spots, and felt that we got very good value for our money. We really liked the way that the unit was furnished and decorated, and everything was very comfortable. Our favorite feature was the fantastic shower - easily a 10 in the shower rating scale! You won't go wrong if you are able to book this lovely place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Linda M
Reviewed November 15, 2012

All went very well - didn't know what to expect (had purchased this on Groupon) but were pleasantly surprised that the unit was so nicely and recently updated.
We arrived on a Friday evening, and the key was at the agreed location. The place is not on the first row, but walking distance from everything - which means it is a quiet location (much preferable to being right on the main road).
We had good communication with Philip and Rhonda - we had to change our booking several times, and they were very accommodating.
We will almost certainly return.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple