“Lovely spacious house”
other travelers have booked this property
Nature's View Outside World's best sunsets
Bathroom #2
Bathroom #2
Bathroom #3
Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

janj11-02
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Lovely spacious house”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

A lovely, spacious house with excellent facilities. 10 of us stayed in this house and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The only down side was the lay out of the bathrooms-they were all on the ground floor-none in the basement where much of the sleeping accommodation was situated. Having said that it caused no problem and we would stay there again.
The children enjoyed the large pool and the close proximity of the white beach. There were loads of beach towels and equipment-and trolleys to cart it to the beach is needed. Another bonus was the close Matanzas Preserve-we visited it many times and saw loads of wildlife. A bonus was the daily visits from a large woodpecker-who seemed to enjoy the insects caught in the netting over the windows!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Local to Fort Myers

Reviewed February 26, 2013 for a stay in November 2012

Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Feb 26, 2013
thanks for your nice review..Hope to see you back soon...
NC
Reviewed August 14, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Older travelers
pickytrav...
miami, florida
“So many extras”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Our family of four, my husband and two children were fortunate to stay in this beautiful home. We were scheduled to stay in another home by this owner but that did not work out, circumstances beyond the owner's control. When we arrived we were immediately amazed with the open layout. Upon touring the home, we could not believe how spacious it is. There are three official bedrooms upstairs but two of them have loft beds as well as regular beds. The master bedroom is huge. The closet alone is the size of a normal bedroom. There are three bathrooms. The master bath has a cute seating area. The living room is beautifully decorated. Closets full of linens in every room and hallway! Plush towels. Nothing cheap here!
The kitchen is well stocked with very nice glasses and plates etc. Oddly though, nothing plastic to take down to the pool area.
There was a minor glitch with the living room cable but the owner guided us to switch the cable box with another and all was fine.
My favorite part of this home is the upstairs balcony that overlooks the pool. There are ceiling fans to keep it cool and a lot of comfy seating.
Downstairs there are another two living rooms, an official bedroom, and an area with bunk beds. The kids loved playing foosball down there. This was our favorite hang out because of the leather sofa's, it was just very comfy.
The pool was a great temperature. I do not like cold pools! This pool got sun all day and stayed warm enough. There are tables and a large gas grill. Plenty of lounge chairs and two tables with chairs for eating. The outdoor patio umbrella was not working.
Inside the huge garage you will find so many extras! Pool toys, beach toys, beach chairs, umbrellas, another grill, etc.
Unfortuantely, I can't give it an excellent rating because there were alot of ants. Please keep in mind though that it's florida. Not only are there are bugs eveywhere in florida but the owner did not know we would be staying there until the day we arrived. Also, one of the upstairs sliding glass doors didn't lock. We just closed the automatic shutters for safety when we left the house. All that considered, this home is immaculate! I can not stress enough how special this home is.
It was so extremely clean!!!! No mold anywhere, smelled very clean!
What I'd like to leave you with is this... I've stayed in many vacation homes and I have never experienced the extra details put into this home. Most homes have a starter package of one roll of paper towels and a couple rolls of toilet paper. This owner takes such great pride in this home that there is a bountiful of dishsoap, dishwasher tablets, laundry detergent, toilet paper and paper towels. It's not that someone left it behind, he provides them. It just shows you how amazing the owner is. The condition of this home makes it clear that he takes great pride in this home.
I would recommend this home to anyone and everyone. I am a real person. I am not receiving anything from the owner. I just appreciate the value of person to person recommendations and this is one I could not keep to myself.
I hope many families get to enjoy their vacation at this home as we have.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Provisions
Liked least: ants in the kitchen
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing