“Lovely Little Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 48 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Erie, PA
“Lovely Little Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I just returned from Ft. Myers Beach staying at the Beacon for 10 nights.....had Unit 1 with a living room, gally kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The sheets and towels smell wonderful and clean...the bed and breakfast is right in the heart of all the action.......we were very comfortable......only 14 units.....on the beach with a swimming pool.....breakfast room (continental)....Bonnie and her daughter are very friendly and accommodating....unlike a big hotel.......easy walking to everything........

Only negative is the "Cottage" two doors away with a live band every night...........

If you want a small hotel right in the heart of the action where all you have to do is walk back to your room and not worry about drinking and driving, this is the place for you.....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank janbimby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely motel on the beach , I stayed here last month great location , very clean and friendly I'm going back next year , if you are looking for a beach holiday you will not find a better motel to stay in what can I say it was perfect in every way

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Edge2Edge2013
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I traveled to Ft, Myers in early December. She goes all the time with her girlfriends but this was the first time I went. Let me just say first and foremost location..location..location. Literally a walk around the back to the beach. The place is a great get away, rooms are clean and the staff is over the top friendly. I admit this is not luxury but a very clean room and a super friendly staff and I will say it again a very short walk to the beach is all that you need in Ft. Myers. They also have a continental breakfast area with bagels, yogurt, waffles and a large selection of cereals, plus a nice fruit bowl. The pool is small but clean however it was to cold to go swimming. I would recommend this place over and over again. IN fact we are already thinking about returning in February.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed nice but I prefer the ocean side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lasvegas101
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Staff is super nice. nice little breakfast. room incredibly clean very convenient location. cute little motel love how is close to bars and restaurants and shops. locked my keys in the room late at night and someone came to help me out

• Stayed September 2013
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice "Old Florida" motel. Clearly updating has been done. Room was nice, clean; bathroom could use some attention (same in about every hotel we've ever stayed at). Very friendly and helpful staff. Right on the beach, though there is a restaurant between the motel and the water. Nice sugary sand. Easy walk to several restaurants and beachy shops. Swimming pool is in progress - will have an unobstructed view of the Gulf. One downside was the loud music from the place next door until the wee hours. Fortunately the A/C fan drowned most of that out. Another was the hard, squeaky mattress! We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Changelatitudes
Highland Mills, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

On February 18, 2013, my husband and I made reservations at the Beacon Beachfront Bed & Breakfast for June 03 - June 05, 2013 for a cottage suite (see description below) and paid a $128.87 deposit which was non-refundable within 30 days of check-in. We were going to be visiting my parents in the Fort Myers area and decided to splurge for a two-day stay on Fort Myers Beach. We made non-refundable plane reservations for us and our two children ages 3 and 4 to fly to Fort Myers.

On Monday, May 20, Bonnie (the manager) called to tell me that she was canceling our reservation because they had decided to put in a new swimming pool and our room was no longer available because they needed that space. I requested that she find alternative accommodations for us on the beach that would be comparable to the cottage suite including the separate living room and continental breakfast. After frequent phone calls and some pressure, she offered us a plain motel room in their motel not located directly on the gulf. We refused and again requested comparable accommodations. On Saturday, May 25, she informed us that she was canceling our reservation and returning our deposit. One week before check-in and we had no place to stay for those two days.

We feel that when they chose to install a pool on their property at the last minute, that part of the cost of installing that pool should have been to find comparable alterative accommodations for guests with reservations guaranteed with a deposit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank roett

Travelers are raving about these Fort Myers Beach hotels

Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were only at this hotel for one night. We booked because we were taking the Key West Express Ferry the next morning. We arrived at 5:30 pm and left the next morning at 7 am so not much time to really get to know the property. The room was nice - queen size bed and a sitting area and a small kitchen. Our room overlooked part of the beach and the hotel is RIGHT on the beach. For the rate - $69 - it was a good deal. Warning to others who may be staying longer - there are no hair dryers or shampoo provided like other hotels. Since we were taking the ferry - I just pulled my hair back and put on a baseball cap so not problem - but if we were staying longer I would not have been happy about that. (But in defense of the hotel - I took when it said they had "dryers" as a hair dryer and I think it meant clothes dryer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple