Beacon Motel
Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$143
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$170
$165
$119
Hampton.com
Carousel Inn on the Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$116
Outrigger Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$158
DiamondHead Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$226
$189
DiamondHead Beach
  • Pool
$263
$231
Agoda.com
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina(Fort Myers Beach)
$271
$259
Lovers Key Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$159
Sandpiper Gulf Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$197
$167
All reviewsbreakfast roomft myers beachlocation was perfectbeautiful beachcottageflorida
Reviewed January 21, 2008

I researched the area heavily online, and decided to see for my eyes before I booked my FMB accomidations. The staff was very helpful. The first night I was there the room was a little loud due to the bar next door, but the problem was remedied with the window air unit. The next morning my flight was cancelled and Sherry at the front desk, went above and beyond to get me into another room that night. The second room I stayed in, #7, was perfect. Quaint, charming, comfortable, and the location of the motel is perfect for walking to anywhere that's happening on the beach. I was within steps to fine or casual dining, shopping, bars, convenience stores, and most importantly it is steps from the beautiful Ft. Myers Beach. The Beacon was a tremendous value. Best prices I saw on the beach. If you don't mind vereing away from the corporate similarity of other hotels, and are looking for a charming motel with great service without pretentiousness the Beacon is the place for you. I can't wait to go back. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Msjunk212
Reviewed July 16, 2007

- Nice and clean upon arrival – but no one came to clean the room and change the towels thereafter. The motel reception was also closed by the middle of the afternoon and on evenings/nights. There was never anyone there we could contact when we needed something before the morning after.

We paid in advance for 3 days and made arrangements with the lady at the front desk to stay a fourth day if we felt inclined to do so. She said it was no problem since the 4th day would be a Monday and there would be vacancy. When we decided to stay an additional day, another lady at the front desk was extremely rude to us and told us that the room was already rented to someone else and she had nothing else available for us.

She also told us that she would charge our credit card a whole day more for having stayed in the room one hour over the check-out time (there was no one at reception when we stopped there to let them know of our intention to stay an extra day, so, we went for breakfast).

We were flabbergasted by her tone of voice and attitude towards us… My fiancé explained that we had made arrangements with the other lady for an extended stay but she asked us to leave the room. My fiancé got so upset at the way we were treated that we decided to leave right on the spot.

The manager/owner of a sister motel, who by the way, is a very nice person, then came to see us and apologized for the rude behavior of her staff and offered us an upgraded room (No. 10) for the same price. My fiancé accepted the offer since this lady was so nice and we stayed an extra day but I must say that even though we appreciated the manager/owner's kindness, we will never set a foot there again, it kind of ruined our stay there. We don't remember having ever been treated this way in our lives before !

It's really a shame because otherwise, it is a nicely renovated motel located only a few yards from the beach.

We wish to extend our thanks to the manager/owner for her kindness towards us.

Louise (Montreal, Canada)
and
Søren (Køge, Denmark)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank tigerlou
Reviewed May 19, 2007

My wife and I stayed here Wednesday through Saturday and had a great stay. The staff was very personable and very helpful. We stayed in room 2. Our room had a direct view through the parking area to the Gulf. From this Motel you are literally 75 feet from the sand. The room was big and pretty clean but not immaculate. There were plenty of towels and the sheets were fresh and clean. The king bed was extremely comfortable. There were two air conditioners that worked perfectly. For an older place right on the beach, honestly I was impressed with how nice the room was for its age. This place suited our needs, we were looking for a less expensive place to just crash after hitting the beach and some clubs. I will warn you. There are some negatives with being in this section of Estero Blvd. This is pretty much in the middle of the nightlife. There are literally at least 5 bars within 100 feet of this Motel. I found that to be a little noisy, however there were no problems and no one staying at the Beacon were noisy. That being said I would have no problem with taking my kids here to stay.

Overall, I have to say that the Beacon Motel is a diamond in the rough. This place is a nice, quiet, inexpensive (relative to the other places) and personable motel compared to the giant, noisy party resorts nearby.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank drummer19
Reviewed March 10, 2007

We stayed in the beachouse. It was clean the staff was great. Front row to the beach every day. Right in the middle of fort myers beach but you cannot tell it by the noise its quite.
coming back 2007

Stayed: March 2007
6  Thank tommy37Indpls.In
Reviewed September 19, 2006

This motel was badly damaged by Hurricane Charley in August of 2004. We were actually booked to stay there the day that Charley hit but they had called us to postphone our stay until the storm had passed. At that time they asked if we wanted our deposit back but we told them to hold onto it as we would re-book dates after the hurricane had passed (not expecting it to hit in this area).

As soon as phone service was restored, the motel called us and offered our deposit back because they were unsure if they would re-open. Considering the devastation many of us had suffered, we were suprised to get the call. They were good to their word and sent us our money back. It was refreshing as we really did not expect the call or the refund.

We were happy to hear they had rebuilt and re-opened and booked two rooms (one with 1 Queen and one with 2 Doubles). This time we did not book the larger room with full size appliances. Half of our party are smokers so we were not real happy to hear the rooms are now non-smoking but we made do as each balcony has comfy chairs and "butt recepticles" in the shape of cute light houses.

The rooms had new tile floors and new appliances and were brightly decorated. The A/C units are new and were in working order (each room can control the temperatures) and they still offer rooms furnished with eating utensils and cooking supplies as well as coffee pots, pans, plates, cups and microwave oven. Our room had the small fridge and a microwave, toaster and coffee pot.

The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfy. Even though it is a small establishment, they offer several different room set up's. Sadly there is only one room with a balcony and window that overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. The rest of the rooms and balconies overlook the parking lot and the street but the motel IS on the beach.

You have many choices of eateries within walking distance. One room overlooks a bar/grill (room # 7) so if you are a light sleeper you may want to avoid it on weekends as the music can be a bit loud. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and listening to the music though.

This motel is not for those who want room service or a swimming pool but if you are coming to Ft Myers Beach to enjoy shopping, the sandy beach and want to be within walking distance of Times Square, stores and eateries, this is a great place for adults or families. If you have not been to Ft Myers Beach before, walking can be faster than attempting to drive on the small congested roads.

I will attempt to attach a few pics. We had so much fun, we are hoping to go back again in October! This may not be a large, fancy chain with all the bells and whistles but it is a clean and quaint little place that makes you feel welcome and at home and they go out of their way to make you comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends