“MY PIECE OF HEAVEN”
Review of Beacon Motel

Beacon Motel
Ranked #45 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Was a wonderful place to visit , my family and myself are deffinitly gonna return and stay again !
Rates were reasonable and the rooms were very large and clean .
loved being right there on the beach , no more then a few steps from my room !
The staff was wonderful ....thanx Bonnie ! She was there to fix any problem we had !! She made our vacation top notch !!

Room Tip: We stayed in the seagull room nice clean and bright ! The bar next door was a bit load , but it was...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I love The Beacon!!! Since my first stay there, which was entirely delightful, I'd never dream of staying anywhere else!! There is so much to do, even without a rental car! Of course with the white sugar sand & warm turquoise water of the Gulf practically right out my back door - its hard for this beach bum lady to give up my two piece for shorts & and tank and go exploring. However, its a shame not to since the trolley and Ft. Myers Bus Line is very easy to take in all you can!! The staff is wonderfully friendly and we always have fresh towels & beds.
Being from near The Lake of The Ozarks, The Beacon reminds me very much of the Mom & Pop Motels so plentiful in The Lake Area. No, it's not the Ritz. But you are at the Beach with some of the most beautiful sunsets you'll ever witness during your lifetime, a bright sun kissing your face and far away from cold temps & gray rain.
I took my daughter there for her h.s. graduation present in Summer 2010 & by then it was beginning to feel like my home instead of MO. I had to let her know we weren't just at the beach but also in the south, "Here, we use our quiet voice and take things slow & easy". As corny as this may sound - The Beacon Bed & Breakfast - is my favorite place to kick back and FMB is the only place I've ever felt totally contented with not a worry in my head and Missouri looonnng out of it. At least for 7 days!!
I read upon my return to MO last summer, The Beacon was up for sale! Its been my dream to live there since my first visit 5 years ago!! Dont expect room service by any means, but their breakfast is terrific and its location is perfect for fine dinning close by, and shopping in the Key Westesque Times Square will certainly have many pretties to catch your eye!! Remember your SPF and a good book for beach reading and you're set! RELAX & ENJOY!! ---BellaDonna

Room Tip: You can't miss the Seafood Happy Hour at the Top of the Lani Kay! Great seafood & great pla...
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank BellaDonna81
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. They made us feel at home from the time we arrived. Being right on the beach was very convenient. The rooms were very clean and spacious. We were well within walking distance to the peir, shops and many restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed January 23, 2011

My husband and I have been visiting Ft. Myers Beach for many years and stayed at the Beacon few times. For this year's vacation we decided to try the Beacon again. When we booked they told us that was the best rate on the beach. Once we got there we found out that guests with the same type of room were paying $ 40 less???? Spoke with the Management, she said we can't get any adjustment, but breakfast was included. In the past we were receiving vouchers for the Gulfshore Grill next door, which we really enjoyed for breakfast. This time the lady told us it was in the "Internet Cafe".
In the morning we went to have breakfast. We were very disappointed to find out that the room seemed to cater for the small people. If you are taller than 5 ft. you will have problems. It was a dungeon!!! The bagels were old and everybody was touching them with bare hands. There were ants crawling out of the toaster. The only thing appealing was the coffee, until we saw the ants on the wall and around the cups. Appealing became appalling. And that was just the beginning...
We decided enough is enough so we went to speak with management. The lady was older we spoke with, seemed more concerned with her personal issues, talking on her cell phone. Finally when we got a chance to speak with her she said the owners didnt pay for pest control, so there's nothing she can do about it. We argued for a refund. She replied "No refunds for early departures".
Think twice before staying there.
We booked next year at Silver Sands, will NEVER return to the Beacon again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
12  Thank barbandal019
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I acually did not stay at the Beacon. Start emailing in mid September and was quoted one price and called to reserve the room and was told the rate was quite a bit higher due to Pirate Fest. No mention of Pirate Fest in earlier email just two weeks time. I offered a comprise in room fare and received no email or call back. Booked at another hotel just down the street for less. Plus, it has two pools and is right on the gulf. I would ask if are they are planning a rate change for any upcoming events before booking.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank TripOct10
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed at the Beacon the first weekend of June and enjoyed it !

The room had no frills, but it was clean and the AC was cold. We enjoyed a continental style breakfast and LOVED the mini in room fridge.

The wireless internet would not work, but we walked next door to the bar and check our email there. The hotel is right on the beach and literally in the middle of everything.

We will DEFINETLY return to the Beacon.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

first of all since I called they were very helpful / upon arrival they help you right away and very courtious the rooms are espectacular nice and very clean with tile floors. the whole place is very clean. I recommend this place for anyone coming out of state or locally you will come back again I made the right choice this past weekend ... THEY ALSO HAVE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST AND IF YOUR LUCKY FOR A LONG WEEKEND THEY HAVE BAR B-QUES

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple