“Nice Inn Good Value”

Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Nice Inn Good Value”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Good size room with queen bed, kitchenette and pull out queen sofa. The Inn is older but well kept. Nice pool well done with pavers. Friendly staff. It's at the end of the road by the marina but a short walk to the beach. Our room was right outside the restaurant and had it's own deck facing the restaurant deck. surprisingly the noise from the deck was not bad in the room. The only issue was the air conditioner was loud and had a rattle, Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Villas have plenty of room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Winnepeg
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently returned from Florida and stopped in to Matanzas to book a slip for a new sailboat I hope to be able to vacation on at Matanzas Marina this winter. The marina may be full and this does not surprise me as they are by far the best value in the Fort Myers Beach area.
I was one of the guests on a sailboat in 2011 at Matanzas Marina. The pool was just lovely, warm and not too busy. There were adequate shower and laundry facilities and the area was walking distance from the beach and shopping. One day a week there was a farmers market with a good assortment of fresh produce offered by friendly and helpfull folks that gave it a family atmosphere. I stayed at a different marina this last year that was much more expensive yet was more upscale and expensive. Matanzas Marina had great music that wafted down from the bar. Being on the water on a live aboard sail boat was an experience. You could sit and watch the birds diving for food in the darkness and fall asleep to the sound of the barnicles clicking on the hull of the boat. I will never foreget this remarkable experience. The staff were, for the most part, friendly and helpfull yet I encountered one strange reaction I still fail to understand. For this reason I stayed at another Marina this year and enjoyed my stay. I plan to try out Matanzas again this year as the overall value, location, and on water experience is the best I have seen in this area. The other resort has since doubled their dockage fees and Matanzas has only increased by a few dollars in two years. The disparity is enormous Matanzas under $500 per month and the other Marina over $1300 per month.
The one time we dined at the restaurant I enjoyed the food, service and the view. I would recommend this resourt yet I would suggest it is more suitable for quiet middle aged folks with no small children so far as the pool life is concerned. Overall once you learn how to fit in to this quiet resourt it offers the best value for the dollar.

Room Tip: we had our own cabins on our boat yet from what I noticed the rooms looked good and the maids seemed...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CandyAllen13
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We checked into Matanzas Inn Resort intending to stay just the one night on our road trip of South West Florida. Just one problem with this...the resort and motel where too good to leave! Four nights later we head to head North East to fly home (boo!)
The room had a two queen sized beds with air con and a fantastic view of the Gulf inlet. The staff were welcoming at the Inn and also the Restaurant where we drank everyday and also enjoyed a couple delicious of bar snacks.
Fantastic stay, fantastic location, wish I was still there!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine W
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am a local and have never visited the Matanza Inn. Stopped by and had a beverage of choice at the lower restaurant area. Natalie greeted us with a great smile; informed us of the 'today's' specials. Near us was a two man group by the name of the Dubious Bros playing live music - delightful. The scenery was overlooking the water on a beautful, clear Florida day. Very relaxing atmosphere among friends and will definitely visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Milan
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We find the Matanzas Inn at Fort Myers Beach with the help of our friend. The pool was ok but a little bit dirty we liked a beautiful view from our window to the channel full of boats. The hotel was in walking distance to the beach, bars, and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katpasiki
bradenton
Reviewed September 3, 2013

great restaurants with a view but the bartenders rip you off they won't let you you sure 2 for 1 c coupons spent over $300 in restaurant and bar and they won't let me use a 30 off dollars coupons will go to the moose for the VFW next time stay away from the restaurant is a rip off its a rip off

• Stayed August 2013
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I gave it 5 stars for location, but if your expecting anything spectacular you won't see it. The bathrooms are 1970's no update yet, there is no central heat and air, only a small window unit. The pool was a nice place to hang out, and they had a nice dock for boaters to pull up to. The room had some updating, new flooring and fresh paint and was very clean. The unit also had a small frigerator, coffe pot, small sink, dining table and dishes. They had on site washer and dryer. Great location, walking distance to beach, shops and restaurants. I would stay again, Labor Day weekend price $124 with tax.

• Stayed August 2013