“What a great surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Norwalk, CT
“What a great surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place is GREAT. Great value, great pool, great location, great staff, great restaurant, great bar! Even the towels were great! Very clean, easy access to the beach. Will definitely return. This place is a find!
If you are looking to criticize, I think you get what you pay for. The Inn offers great value. IT IS NOT THE RITZ.
ASK FOR Patty. Wonderful.

Room Tip: Had a balcony room. Corner, second floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have visited the Matanzas Inn last year, but I would like to update our past review. This trip consisted of 3 nights at Matanzas Inn and again this motel is a great location, the staff are super nice, the room is clean. We have frequented this resort style motel twice in 2012, and again in 2013...and we return because the price is fair and we know the staff and service are consistent. We look forward to returning again soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shugirl2011
Stowe,PA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Matanzas Inn April 9-11 then drove over to Ft. Lauderdale for a couple days and a wedding. I liked Ft Myers area way better than Ft Lauderdale. This is a great location on the water and to walk to beach,shops and a short drive to many other things. We are in our early 50's and like the small older style 1-3 story hotels/motels like this one. Management told us that the whole place was goin' to be refurbished later this year. Everything was good but upgrading bathrooms and beds would be a plus. Our daughter and son in law joined us for dinner and drinks wednesday night at the downstairs restaurant outside by the water. It was good and our server Dawn was fantastic with a great sence of humor and did a great job. I agree with mkelly1959 's review very much also.

Room Tip: Get one on the water side if possible. Great to sit out at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SmokeyDar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been going here for 5 years now and have never experienced anything like this before im my life! I have owned restaurants and I just don't get it!? Down stairs the service is amazing! If you decide to go upstairs watch out! The bartender is slow but looks like she is busy I watched her say she doesn't give a crap about this place and I cleaned it up to put it on here!? She was rude and didn't care about her customers at all!!! At the end of my night here she was ok at best when it slowed down and said her name was geazla?? Not sure how to spell it she couldn't wait to get out of work and they deff need 2 bartenders on if she is behind the bar! If I owned this place she wouldn't be working for me! Food was great service downstairs was great I wish I could say the same about upstairs! Stay away if she is working!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank greggarding
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed there last week....they were full and turning people away. Yes, it is an older place....old fixtures, old bathrooms, old pool, etc....but VERY clean. It served our purposes quite well. The restaurants are great...very quiet....the bay was great as our room opened in front of it....nice to sit outside with a coffee or beer and watch the boats coming in for dinner or lunch.

Patty at the front desk was very nice to deal with...and a great sense of humor. The people staying there, older than us, were very friendly and loved to strike up a conversation. We have been going to fort Myers Beach for 28 years now and this may have been the best place yet....4 days of sun and 79 degrees certainly helped.

The UPPER DECK restaurant/bar is a great place to go and the bartenders are all great.
I urge you to try this place...or at least check it out for the next year.

1 Thank mkelly1959
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is our 3rd trip to Fort Myers Beach. It's the first time at this hotel. We had stayed at the Lighthouse twice before but it was too loud with drunk yelling people at 3 am and the room we had the last time was terrible. The Matanzas Inn has an amazing location right on the water opposite side of the island (not on the beach) The beach and Times Square is just a small walk away. What a beautiful location! Very safe. The music at the bar would shut down at around 9pm so there was no problem getting a nice quiet nights sleep. We stayed in the large villa. I would call it a one bedroom condo instead. It had no villa feel to it. It was not attractive but it was very clean and the housekeepers did a nice job keeping it that way for the 10 days we were there. I would say it was a 2 star. The flooring in the bathroom was cigarette burned and curling although the room did not smell of smoke. It was supposedly smoke free. The best thing about the large villa is that you can close the bedroom door and watch tv or read without disturbing anyone in the bedroom. There was an extra single bed between the bedroom and the kitchen/living area. Much more room than the 2 of us needed. There is a beach trolley that goes by the hotel all the time to the main land. I feel I paid too much but then if you had a small family, it would be ideal and a cheap solution since the kitchen is well equiped. The hotel staff are exceptional on every level. The restaurant has the best clam chowder we ever ate and we are people from the Maritimes so we know good chowder when we eat it. The pool is small but adequate. There's also a hot tub. I would go back but I would take the small villa which I saw (it's a small studio).

Room Tip: If you want lots of room with a door to the bedroom, choose the large Villa. Otherwise the small vil...
1 Thank Doris96
Rock Hall, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was the only lodging available at the time without having to pay a lot. So I guess it could be " you get what you pay for". The rooms are old and need updating. On the plus side, the pool area was very nice and the water was heated along with a whirlpool. Their restaurant served delicious food and was very scenic being at the intercoastal waterway. The location is great to the beach and all the activities associated with it.

There was a water taxi available. But did not take it.

Room Tip: free computer use at the office.