As a family of 6, it is not easy to find accommodations that don't include us using 2 rooms. Found this hotel off a website-blog (six suitcase travel) that caters to large(er) family travel.
When we stay at the beach, I don't enjoy wearing a wet bathing suit and carrying pool towels/gear through a hotel lobby and elevator. THIS is why I loved this hotel. Only 2 stories high (mostly) and an easy-shoeless walk to the sand.
Perfect location right on the beach; No need to put on shoes. Great stay for those with children - very family friendly. ALL doors face the pool area, which made it super-easy to send the kids up to the room for snacks; they never leave your sight as you sit poolside.
With 4 kids, keeping up with the sand (inside our room) was a challenge, so I would bring a dustpan/broom the next time we stay. There is a Publix close-by, so if you cannot bring your own, just go get one. The staff does clean daily, but silky sand was still everywhere.
Very friendly staff; small enough to still have a family-run business feel.
Definitely walk across the street to HEAVENLY BISCUIT (breakfast shack with the BEST sandwiches ever). Just take it to go and eat poolside at the hotel. And plan on getting ice-cream at ROYAL SCOOP (directly across street) more that once. Both are worth at least TWO visits.
It's an easy walk to Ft. Meyers pier and an easy drive to the Edison museum. The hotel sits on a beach that faces south so the sunset is not directly in front of you.
Our family will definitely go back. It's a no-frills hotel, but that's what I loved about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Neptune Resort is located on Fort Myers Beach directly on the Gulf of Mexico one of the world's greatest white sand beaches with over 300 feet of private beach. The Neptune Resort is less than 1 mile from the downtown Times Square which includes the historic Fort Myers Beach Pier, shopping and entertainment center. The Neptune Resort is 18 miles from Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW). An area icon since opening in the 1960s, The Neptune Resort offers 2 heated beachfront outdoor pools, direct access to the beach, gas grills for guest use, fitness center, business center, coined laundry machines, and shuffleboard courts. We provide complimentary parking and complimentary WiFi access throughout Neptune inn. We also provide complimentary beach lounge chairs which can be taken directly on the beach as well as beach towels. The snack shop located in the lobby provides convenient drinks and snacks. Make yourself at home in one of the newly renovated spacious rooms at The Neptune Resort. Guestrooms range from studios that include 2 double beds and sofa sleeper, One Bedroom Suites, up to our beautiful 3 bedroom Executive Suite that sleeps up to 8. All rooms include daily housekeeping service. All rooms feature flat screen TVs, kitchenette, pots, pans, plates, bowls, and utensils, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Neptune Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neptune Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Neptune Fort Myers Beach
- Neptune Inn Fort Myers Beach