My husband booked this hotel because it was a bit cheaper than some of the other resorts in Fort Myers Beach. We booked through travelocity, then after we checked in, noticed a $116 fee from them. We thought we'd already paid in full, so we asked about it. t's the 'resort' fee. Hmm...not sure it was very resort -ish, but oh well. Just seemed kind of tricky.
Overall it was a good stay. The traffic was so bad on Estero Blvd that the 1 mile from the bridge to the hotel took about 30 minutes to drive - PAINFUL. But we were able to walk everywhere. The beach is literally off the back of the hotel, so that was nice. Not enough chairs for the beach, mostly because went down early and would save five or six but not use them until late in the afternoon. We had a toddler with us, so it was nice to have a bathtub for baths and a little mini kitchenette and be able to walk to the beach and pools within 30 seconds.
Great restaurant across the street (Chucks), great ice cream across the street (Royal Scoop), great breakfast place across the street (Heavenly biscuit), liquor store across the street and a grocery two blocks down. If you walked not even half a mile towards the time square area, lots more food options.
My biggest peeve with teh place was the house keeping. A couple days we were in our room when they came by (naptime), so you'd think they'd come back (we put in teh sign that said service please) or the next day come earlier, but no. And each time something wasn't cleaned. For example, the first time we had put the towels we didn't want on the floor - like had egg bits all over it from our toddler, but it was folded up and put back in teh bathroom. Ick. So then I started piling dirty towels by the door. Then the next time waste baskets weren't emptied, and we had food and poopy diapers in them. and a few other things like that.
Like other people said, not near the Spring Break crazies, the hotel was pretty well sound proofed, and the shower always warm (though the water pressure was terrible).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Neptune Resort is located on Fort Myers Beach directly on the Gulf of Mexico one of the world's greatest white sand beaches with over 300 feet of private beach. The Neptune Resort is less than 1 mile from the downtown Times Square which includes the historic Fort Myers Beach Pier, shopping and entertainment center. The Neptune Resort is 18 miles from Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW). An area icon since opening in the 1960s, The Neptune Resort offers 2 heated beachfront outdoor pools, direct access to the beach, gas grills for guest use, fitness center, business center, coined laundry machines, and shuffleboard courts. We provide complimentary parking and complimentary WiFi access throughout Neptune inn. We also provide complimentary beach lounge chairs which can be taken directly on the beach as well as beach towels. The snack shop located in the lobby provides convenient drinks and snacks. Make yourself at home in one of the newly renovated spacious rooms at The Neptune Resort. Guestrooms range from studios that include 2 double beds and sofa sleeper, One Bedroom Suites, up to our beautiful 3 bedroom Executive Suite that sleeps up to 8. All rooms include daily housekeeping service. All rooms feature flat screen TVs, kitchenette, pots, pans, plates, bowls, and utensils, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Neptune Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neptune Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Neptune Fort Myers Beach
- Neptune Inn Fort Myers Beach