All reviewstimes squarebeach chairsthe north endbay viewwithin walking distancefull kitchenking bedtop floorfree beachscreened porchgreat place to staytown squareft myers beachhome away from homethe location is perfectpull out couchheated pool
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Let me first explain the 5 star was greatly influenced by the value and location, if you are expecting a ritz carlton, white glove emaccualte room this probably isn't the resort for you. We stayed in room 503 with a gulf ocean view, and loved the screened in porch, perfect for all times of the day, but especially for a morning coffee with book in hand. There was a small table and chair set there allowed us to have a few, although slightly cramped, meals. This room had a king size bed so my 3 year old slept with us all week but there was also a pull out sofa bed that would have worked for older kids. The free beach chairs and towels made it easy to sit back and relax while not being nickeled and dimed to keep yourself and belongings out of the sand. All appliances and cookware were available, however coffee was only given the first day and after one day of maid service, so I suggest bringing a few filters and your some of your favorite brew. As for made service we were there 7 nights and we had the room cleaned twice, I have no problem with this at all, I actually rather it this way, but some people may like everything done up and cleaned and towels replaced daily. I know there were some garbage concerns in other reviews before we went, but I found that fairly simple, I was outside every day, so if garbage or recycling built up from the previous day just bring it down on your way to the office to get fresh beach towels. The office had movies available for checkout (our room was equipped with a dvd player), not many and older titles but still a nice plus to have on the one rainy day we had. There was also a book trade in which I thought was a brilliant idea, and since I finished the one book I brought half way through, I was able to grab another thrilling adventure to read. I only have a few minor complaints, management could probably address these quickly and at minimal cost to make the stay even better. The vent in the bedroom was a bit noisy, I tried to adjust the angle of the air flow to minimize it, but a simple new vent that was tighter would eliminate the rattle. Also the toilet seat was a bit old had worn marks from where the toilet cover made contact, again another minor fix but over all it was a clean, and comfortable hotel/suite

Time Square the town center was a short walk maybe a quarter of a mile, where there were plenty of dining options all reasonable. Our favorite was Nervous Nellies, we went for lunch here twice and were able to eat the leftovers at dinner. There are 2 grocery stores not that far away, a Topps and a publix on the island around the 3000's on estero blvd. Some other interesting non beach activities we had while on the island was a tour of The Mound House, a very informative vegetation lesson along with the shell mound wall and video describing the native Calusa Indian tribe, another small park on the island Mantanzas Pass Preserve was a nice hike along well marked trails and boardwalks, a chance to see some nature besides the beach, mangroves and native trees, we saw armadillo, pileated woodpecker, lizards, crabs, and even a snake. Just off the island we also went to an extremely interesting little marine museum with a great story telling guide, I loved it, but not suited for young kids unfortunately. The other restaurant that was nice was Parrot key although the food was nothing amazing the sunday dinner, when reservations are made, includes a free pirate cuise, about 1 hour long boat ride just out of the bay and able to see the hotel from the gulf, a definite value worth exploring.

The beach itself was wonderful, lots of star fish and sand dollars fighting conch and lightning whelk in the water, and the last day we saw quite a bit of sting ray, not sure if I would have liked them around all week, a little nervous to have my girl too close to them. Any other questions you have about the resort or the area I would be happy to share my experience

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank jamonk44
Drobinson281, Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your great review! We are happy you had a pleasant stay.
We hope you come back soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I spent 6 nights at Casa Playa for rest and relaxation. Room # 605 was a perfect bay view. The room was clean and and everything we needed was provided. The location of the hotel is just far enough away from the center of Time Square and close enough to Bowditch Point Park for morning walks. The staff: Debbie, Victoria, Al, Grant and Yancy were all very helpful and friendly. The beach is perfect and the pool had just enough shaded areas for those days when I had too much sun. Debbie was able to provide me with an umbrella which was so helpful for beach time. Chairs and towels are provided for the beach and the grill and picnic area are a plus although we did not use it. We would recommend this hotel and come back if we return to Fort Myers Beach FL. Thank you to everyone for a wonderful stay at Casa Playa Resort!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper avoid the rooms next to elevators ours was 605. We were not affected but a light sleeper may have an issue.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Drobinson281, General Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for the great review, and nice pictures.
We are happy you enjoyed your vacation at the
Casa Playa Resort.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We took our vacation to Fort Myers Beach in the middle of spring break, and weren't sure how crowded and crazy it would be. Casa Playa's location was perfect... about 1/2 mile from the center of the action at Times Square, but toward the north end of the island where the party people didn't go.
The view of the Gulf from our beachfront balcony was awesome. Having a screened balcony saved us from bugs and birds!
The staff at Casa Playa were wonderful... always friendly, professional and eager to please.
The resort was very well maintained. Our unit could probably use an upgrade of furnishings, but was very comfortable and felt more like home than a hotel. The sofa bed probably wouldn't work too well, and the king bed has seen better days, but the other great facets of the room overcame those shortcomings.
This will be the only place we ever stay at Fort Myers Beach.

Room Tip: The 1 bedrooms Gulf front are well worth it! We stayed in 703, and the view was tremendous!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DunedinDale
Drobinson281, General Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for you great review! We look forward to your return.
We take pride in keeping our units and property clean.
703 will be getting new furniture in the very near future.
Thank you for spending your vacation with us at the Casa Playa Resort.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a lovely ten day stay at Casa Playa. We love the location, the beach, the pool, the views, and the fishing. We enjoy walking into Time Square for food,fun and shopping. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. The staff is very helpful and polite. We are looking forward to next years stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying at the Casa playa resort.
Thank you so much for the nice review. We look forward to
seeing you again next year. We are happy you had a great vacation.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We just returned from a four night stay at Casa Playa. We had a Wonderful time in Estero Island and the room was just a place to sleep. We didn't go for the beach view which I wished we had. Our room was dated, bedding was clean but worn, pillows awful. I had expected the room to be larger, a lot of furniture crammed into a smaller hotel room. They don't mind giving you extra towels but you have to get them yourself, toilet paper too. Room was only cleaned once, as per their policy, but that's not enough. It was okay but I would spend the extra 100. A night to stay on the gulf side, or a newer property.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kat64
Drobinson281, General Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

I think you would have been happier in our larger gulf front units, I hope you return and try one on your next visit.
Most all our gulf front units have been remodeled. Maid service is every other day on a 4 night or more stay.
Most guests call our office for extra towels or paper products, and we have our housekeeper being them to your unit, unless our housekeepers have going for the day.
We hope you come back and try our larger units.
Casa Playa Resort