“LOVE IT!!!!”
Review of Casa Playa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Casa Playa Resort
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Came back to Casa Playa for my birthday weekend ( I left the kids at home this time, my 5 year old was pissed! ) and brought my friends and family! Not one complaint from anyone!!! Blenders in every room for easy frozen drink making, we grilled under your tiki hut for dinner. it was a great parents get away.Love this place! I'll be back as soon as possible. Can't wait to see you again Casa Playa!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Artbystacy
There are newer reviews for Casa Playa Resort

Reviewed August 12, 2013

we had a great holiday weekend here. Nothing fancy but everything was very clean and nice. There is ample parking and that is hard to find on FMB. You then have a 10 minute walk to Times Square so that is nice not to have to drive and worry about parking, for the restaurants and bars. We got one of the efficiencies and it was fine for two people. Included a small kitchen with sink, dishes and microwave. Our balcony looked out over the parking lot so we got the sunrise view. Not sure but I think the larger rooms are gulf/sunset view. Elevator is kinda slow so at popular hours there can be a wait but they have stairs if you can't wait. NIce pool and right on the beach. They have an ice machine on the ground floor which was a nice surprise and came in handy. We love coming to FMB and will certainly see if they have room available for our next visit

Room Tip: check your view on the website if it matters to you
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Trygve A
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My partner and I decided to visit Fort Myers Beach again this year and chose the Casa Playa based on last years experience. We were given suite 501 this year and I must admit it was nice but not as nice as last years unit, (suite 202). Suite 202 was more like a large studio and had a bed that looked out over the Gulf of Mexico. Suite 501 was like a traditional apartment with a separate bedroom in the back of the unit with no view. It was still clean,in great shape and, (IMHO), one of the best values on Fort Myers beach.

Last year I had a minor gripe about the poor wifi performance and that issue remains. I could not pick up a signal unless I went to the far interior of the unit. I have seen other reviewers complain about this and would hope the management takes notice to correct, (it would be a cheap and easy fix).

I do have a couple of additional gripes this year and am wondering if the resort has been taken over by new management?

- Signs - There are signs posted everywhere around the resort telling guests not to do things. As an example - there were three signs in the elevator.

1.) warned guests not to let their children play on the elevators
2.) warned guests that animals weren't allowed on the elevator
3.) told guests that housekeeping would not clean their unit if they had animals without humans being present.

There were additional signs by the pool area warning guests not to smoke, dive, etc..

I understand the need for rules but would think these things could be explained during check in or put on the paperwork that is handed out with the units key. Oh, that reminds me - there are additional rules on the paperwork.

1.) You will be charged $25.00 if you lose your room key, (Ouch!)
2.) You will be charged a fee if you forget to empty your garbage when leaving your unit.
3.) You will be charged if you forget to take your pool towels to the front desk at check out

I really do love the Casa Playa but hate all of the signs posted everywhere!

Now some compliments that I forgot to mention in last years review:

- The front desk was pleasant again this year
- Free beach chairs, (the other hotels and condos in this area rent them out)
- Location - it is located a little north of Times Square - far enough for peace and quiet but close enough to walk.

I am dropping this years rating to four due to the remaining wifi issues and growing number of signs\rules. I still highly recommend the Casa Playa but hope the recent experience isn't a trend in the wrong direction. I will follow up next year!

Room Tip: Ask to see the units as they have different floor plans.
2  Thank eedwards
Drobinson281, Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your compliments and positive suggestions. The same management has been in place for the last nine years. All of the signs in the elevator have been removed. We also hate the signs but at times it is necessary for informational purposes and the elevator is the most frequented place. Pool signs are required by City, County and State codes, they cannot be removed. There is an afterhours lock-out fee, but there is no fee if you lose your key during regular office hours, sorry if you misunderstood this. We do provide free lounge chairs and pool towels that can be exchanged for clean pool towels at any time and for us to maintain this, all that we ask is that you return the pools towels to the office at time of check out. Casa Playa has completely replaced the old Wi-Fi system with more and new updated equipment to include a faster service. This was not a cheap easy fix requiring replacement of all the equipment and wiring, but one that was necessary to give better service to our guests. Please check the latest reviews on the same floor you stayed on (5th) and other floors, the guests have commented on the good Wi-Fi service. We take all of the comments as positive tools to make your stay with us a better experience. We have also just completed painting, freshening and upgrading of the building during the month of September to keep Casa Playa Resort a destination that we hope you will come back to for years to come.
Debbie Robinson

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Another year in Ft Myers and another year at the Casa Playa Resort. Its our families home away from home. We always have a great experience here. Customer Service, beach, pool, amenities are all great. The only negative I have to say is the elevator, but its not bad when the hotel is not as full. We will always go to Casa Playa whenever we are in the FT Myers area. Can't wait until next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lexer75
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our second visit to Casa Playa, and was just as great as the first! We had an oceanfront studio on the 5th floor - beautifully decorated, immaculate - full kitchen. Floor to ceiling slider with screened-in porch, so we were able to keep the slider open at night to hear the ocean. The housekeeper had even gone to the trouble of folding the bathroom hand towels into different shapes (as cruise ships do). I called the night before, and was told no one was in the room, so we could check in at any time. We were warmly welcomed by the staff - given brochures, tips on restaurants (without even asking). The hotel is literally "on the beach" - location just perfect. Short walk to shops and restaurants in Ft. Myers square. I highly recommend this property for anyone who wants a relaxing, laid back vacation in a beautiful spot. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Best rooms are oceanfront
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at Casa Playa over 4th of July for 3 nights with our dog, a lab and were very comfortable. We had a Bayside suite on 2 nd floor as they only allow pets on first two floors. The unit was very clean and well maintained and close to stairs to take our dog out since dogs are not allowed in the elevator. It's 4 flights to get down/ up so if you are not in good shape the stairs can be a challenge. We saw the staff on arrival and departure and they were very nice. The fireworks from the beach were awesome. It's not a fancy resort but if you want to stay somewhere where you can have your dog on the beach and relax its great and we would return.

1  Thank Tgmj2
Reviewed July 10, 2013

From our travel agent Ed Brozosky, and saveoncruisesnow.com specialist, gave us a room at his condo. 7th floor river view efficiency for our 24th. It was awesome! Very clean, gorgeous view. I highly recommend. Sleeps 2 of course. Room 704 it's not an ocean view but my husband likes it better. He said the view was better and I agree it was beautiful!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple